PDA

View Full Version : Rotala Macranda

axl
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 10:41 PM
Hi,
last week i put in 5 plants of rotala macranda in my 6ft tank, i have 3.2w per gallon of light, 25ppm co2 and are dosing fertiliser based on tom barrs estamative index and i noticed yesterday that half of the bottom leaves are dying off but the top is ok, what causes this, is this meant to happen to these plants
cheers axl

duck
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 11:31 PM
Lack of light.

duck
Mon Jul 11, 2005, 05:40 AM
Maybe a lack of iron aswell.
I would try first to increase the iron a tad see if that works.

duck
Mon Jul 11, 2005, 06:02 AM
Let me expand a little on the first post.
What i meant to say was that the lower part of the plant might not be getting enough light ,More an likely from shade from the top.

Sorry,I shouldn't answer on the run so to speak.

nature
Mon Jul 11, 2005, 10:43 AM
hey... do u plant the macranda as bunch?? if so then wht happen is normal since lack of light penetrating the lower stem... i plant mine singly and they doin alrite... if not perhaps lack of iron as duck suggest :)

axl
Tue Jul 12, 2005, 10:27 AM
Solved the problem i have pulled them out, $20.00 down the drain, i get mad sometimes and just pull things out so there in the bin

duck
Tue Jul 12, 2005, 12:47 PM
PATIENCE is the key.
It took me year+ to get my tank to were it is.
Now it's easy.
No need to throw them out stick with it,You will get the hang of it.
I try to keep this short.
When i first started it took nearly 9 Frustrating months to get my tank looking ok,Then i changed the substrate it ook another 3 frustrating months,Now that it has settle and i understand my tank it is easy.
I have had every type of algea, Through practice i got past that and now I have only BBA which is lack CO2and me being slack,Once i address that problem i would have no algea to speak of.

Shawnts106
Tue Jul 12, 2005, 09:06 PM
AHhhh,,, you didnt though them away! ahhh, no no no no no nooo!! errrr, just give it time... you have to give the plants time... they need to adjust to your tank just like fish do!... geeze... maybe you should get some KENT PATIENCE .. that new product for newbies! haha

axl
Wed Jul 13, 2005, 05:10 AM
im not new to aquariums had them for years, just new to all the nutrients and co2 in plants and getting it balanced thats the key