PDA

View Full Version : discus eggs

gav
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 04:26 AM
i was watching my discus and angels spawn last night, and noticed that the dicus eggs were nowhere near as sticky as the angel eggs. in the two angel tanks (on either side of the discus tank) they were laying on cones and the eggs just stuck there no problems. for the discus, she kept just missing the cone and the eggs were rolling down it quite a bit. some would stick, but most ended up near the bottom. is this common for discus? i just havent actually had them breed before, so wasnt sure what usually happened

thanks

Gav

Merrilyn
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 12:44 PM
No that's not usual Gav. Discus eggs usually stick very well, even on glass.

What sort of breeding cone are you using.

Then again, maybe the female is just very young, and still getting things 'right'.

gav
Tue Jul 12, 2005, 05:10 AM
not sure about the type of breeding cone, its just a clay one i got when i got my discus. the fish themselves would be over 20cm from head to tail at a guess. not really keen on measuring them, but they are a big bulky pair. they have raised fry for the previous owner, this is their first spawn since I have had them. I will just let em keep trying, I am sure they will get it right :)

geral
Thu Jul 21, 2005, 11:48 PM
hi everyone
it's quite normal for some eggs to become white just in the first day after being layed?
regards

DR.V
Fri Jul 22, 2005, 06:59 AM
hi everyone
it's quite normal for some eggs to become white just in the first day after being layed?
regards

Yes it is normal. It just mean that the eggs is not ferilise by the male and turn white.