PDA

View Full Version : What water conditioner should I be using?

Sime76
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 03:17 AM
I've got a couple of tanks that have South American fish, no Discus though :oops: . 1 is heavily planted with apistos couple of angels, pencil fish, and tetras. The other is soon to have a couple of apisto in it but not planted. I have always used the standard aquasonic blue conditioning crystals. I am starting to think that this may be the wrong stuff to use. I'm pretty sure Discus requires the same water conditions as the fish I have. So was wondering if I could get some advise on what I should be using.

Thanks

Sime

Fishpimpin73
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 01:24 PM
PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME
PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME
PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME
PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME
PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME
PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME
PRIME PRIME PRIME PRIME
PRIME
PRIME
PRIME
PRIME

Ever since I switched to Prime ( from Seachem ) I have noticed MAJOR changes in the stability of all of my aquariums.

weird
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 02:27 PM
Fishpimpin, don't forget to mention prime ;)

Fishpimpin73
Fri Jul 08, 2005, 08:29 PM
I was converted by the Seachem rep at last years ACA convention.

We were talking about some of the issues that I had been having, and he reccomended trying Prime out.
He even gave me a 16oz bottle ( along with several other products to sample ), and gauranteed that I would notice a distinct difference in my water quality.

I have been using it ever since, and my fish have never been happier.

Bad Inferno
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 11:20 AM
How mcuh is prime ? anyone know the location in Melb Eastern suburbs where you can get it cheap.

I currently use a cheap bio-min conditioner $17.00 / litre from aqua-force

tank
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 11:59 AM
I want prime too where do i get it on the gold coast

weird
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 12:10 PM
Prime is probably the most expensive, I buy mine online ...

http://www.aquaticlifeaquariums.com.au/

If what your currently using is working and you think that prime is abit prohibitive in cost, I think stay with what your using ... unless someone else can recommend an alternative ... I think Proteus mentioned another product about 12 months ago ...

I just checked their website, they now have a free membership, which saves you 10% on their all ready low prices ;)

Bad Inferno
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 12:34 PM
thanks weird
If I work the numbers my bio-min is 5ml/20litres and prime is .5ml/20 litres. 10 x more concentrated

sounds like prime is the go :)

Proteus
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 12:44 PM
AquaStar is about the most concentrated product available in Australia

Sime76
Sun Jul 10, 2005, 01:17 PM
Prime sounds pretty good but I was refering more on the side of what salts people use rather than declorinators and co.

Sime