PDA

View Full Version : Quick Search feature

shrimp paste
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 05:32 AM
Hi Folks,

Love this site, but if you asked me one thing that i think could be improved i would have to say the Search engine used on the forum.

Now I have not played around too much with the advanced search features (and maybe i should before posting here) but whenever i use quick Search it really returns so much information and normally not relevant to the search text at all. If I used advanced i guess i could search topics text, author, date etc.... right and maybe get better results?

Also a refined search within quick Search would be great to filter out some of the noise.

I don't like to post a question when i know there is an answer here already somewhere, just can't always find it.

I guess there is an argument that it keeps common threads and questions high in the forum lists if people cant search deeper for the content.

Anyway, keep up the great work all you sysadmins and forum managers, again greatly appreciated.

Proteus
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 08:28 AM
Are the options you require here > FULL FUNCTION SEARCH OPTION (http://www.discusforums.com/forum/search.php)

All feedback is appreciated.