PDA

View Full Version : spawn in comunity tank

geral
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 03:26 AM
hi there. i just need an answer. i have a pair which spawned in my planted tank and i'm wondering if i could cut the leaf with the eggs and put it with the parents in another tank?
well, i'm worried about some tetras looking around them, jjj
regards

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 06:19 AM
unfortunatly no you cant do that. the parents will not recognise the eggs as their own. and the stress of moving tanks will just make them eat the eggs. they will have more eggs in a week or so. now is the time to set up a breeding tank. is this their first spawn? i personally give them a couple of go's in the community before putting them in a seperate breeding tnak. just gives them an edge on looking after the eggs and being parents

HTH

chris
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 06:24 AM
Thats true Practice hopefully makes perfect.
Dont worry you will have plenty of opertunity once your breeding tank is set up..........

DR.V
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 06:35 AM
i dont think that such good idea.
Leave them in that comm tank and they will have more chance in practicing. If they keep breeding, you might want to seperate them in a tank by themselves and a breeding cone.

geral
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 12:51 PM
is their 3rth, well i think they are ready for a breeding tank
regards

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 01:25 PM
yep that would be fine. just make sure the breeding tank is propperly cycled

germanblue
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 07:57 PM
congratulations! nice tank and nice young pair

Merrilyn
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 02:38 PM
Hi geral. Well done. Congratulations on your pair. Time to put them in a breeding tank of their own. They will soon settle in and start to lay eggs for you again. :P