PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Products??? please input!

Shawnts106
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 02:06 AM
Ok, what do you guys like to use for your planted tanks substrate.. I am now using a Flourite/Pool filtersand/Eco-Complete combo in my tank...

Also what brand of aquarium products do you guys like?

Here are my choices from 1 to 7

1) SeaChem
2) Redsea
3) Kent
4) Omega 1
5) Tetra
6) wardlys
7) Aquarium Pharmaceuticals INC

I like seachem the best because IMO I have had the best results with their products
Redsea is an excelent brand IMO too.. I love their products as well!
Kent is a great brand of products too.. But I find that they have too many products sometimes.. but the overall quality of their products IMO is good!
Omega 1 is my favorite fishfood... and tetra being the next favorite
I HATE WARDLYS ANYTHING!!! and I WILL NEVER USE ANYTHING WARDLYS.. I just bought some wardlys pH buffer.. its the SORRYEST SHIT I HAVE EVER HAD THE HORID PLEASURE TO USE!!!.. and I HATE THEIR FISHFOOD!
last is Aquarium Pharm.. I like their test kits.. and thats IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

so tell me what you guys think! :)
whats your favorites?

anti-generic
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 02:31 AM
i agree seachem flourite is a great substrate material. but you have to have a bottom less pocket to afford it. Especially if you want it to fill a large tank. but i guess it is cheaper in the US.

As for me, I have a 6x2x2 to cover and i dont want to mess around with soil. So I use a mix Aquaclay, vermiculite, peat moss and sand. A bargain if you go to hydroponic stores. Seems to work fine for me.

Shawnts106
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 02:55 AM
COOL!... yes here in the US FLOUITE is something like... 7 or 14$ US DOLLARS a bag... I think mine was like 10$.. I forget! still, 10$ for a 15.4lb bag of it is good IMO.. and you cant beat the 7.50$ for a 50lb bag of pool sand.. that I ONLY USED maybe 5 or 7lbs of it LOL!!!

merman
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 03:09 AM
I like Dupla products

Shawnts106
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 04:03 AM
I have not had the opportunity to try any DUPLA products.. I dont think they are common in the US.. but I know we can get them... what is so wonderful about them???

spencer
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 11:11 AM
Hi
Have you tried the Azoo range?
cheers Max

Shawnts106
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 03:54 AM
Nope, I have never seen any AZOO products here in the US... but what do you think about them?

glstine
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 04:24 AM
I have seachem flourite topped with white and black sand (at least it was topped until the catfish stirred everything up, now it's kinda hodge podge). Started using Kent Botanica products. Haven't had any of it up long enough to know the results although the swords seemed to have sprited up a bit since starting with the Kent products.

Shawnts106
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah those swords really like the extra IRON :)

Trebs
Fri Jul 01, 2005, 10:38 AM
It's probably more a case of buffers in general being a problem rather than the particular brand. What went wrong?

Shawnts106
Sun Jul 03, 2005, 04:46 AM
WHAT?