PDA

View Full Version : new girl with a question

sammigold
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 09:31 AM
Hi i am sammigold, new to discusforum, can see that i will love it!!! can you tell me what "wriggler" means. It came up under my name in the side bar near where your location details and everything are. thanks i can't wait to find out. :?

colinM
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 10:18 AM
Hi Sammigold, and welcome to the Forum.
The folks here are terrific with advice, knowledge and fun so am sure you will enjoy, Everyone has always bee available and a great help to me :D

So "Wriggler" Well a term for Discus young just after hatching from eggs (cause thats what they do) a fantastic sight and rewarding re a stage closer to "Fry" (free swimming) to and from parents to feed and then progressively independant little fishes.

Regards and welcome :D :D

ColinM

chris
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 12:22 PM
Hi Sammi welcome to Discus forum

ctvu
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 01:09 PM
Hi sammi

Welcome to DF. I m sure you will be addicted to discus.

And Well Explained from Colin.

ctvu

DR.V
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 03:21 PM
Hello , Welcome to the best discus forum ever ^^

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 03:55 PM
Hi Sammi and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here. Great to have another member from Melbourne.

Colin is correct in his explanation of the term 'wriggler'. When you start posting on the forum, you will start off as a wriggler, and then as you make more posts, you will find the title changes. Just a little bit of fun we have here :lol:

ctvu
Mon Jun 27, 2005, 10:06 PM
BTW thought I'd mention you that every members here especially Melbourne are invited to LR's place for the first time ever gathering.
Is it right LR?

If you would like to know more info please check this link below.

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3259

ctvu

sammigold
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 12:49 AM
thanks for your friendly welcomes. I am sure I will become addicted to discus. We are just setting up a new tank for some of these wonderful fish. Have currently set it up with some cardinals, rummy nose and black widow tetras. Its 4ft with a backdrop filter system. So far so good... see you on the other forum sites. Sammi the wriggler!! :P :D

sammigold
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 12:52 AM
hey colin, just noticed your in berwick. I am originally from beaconsfield. next suburb up hows that! 8-)

goldenpigeon
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 04:46 AM
yo yo yo punk and welcome to DF.com :D

wifey of axelfaz
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 10:18 AM
Welcome Sammi :)

jim from sydney
Tue Jun 28, 2005, 10:26 AM
welcome Pal.....you made the right decision to join......Jim