PDA

View Full Version : Auctions....VCS/EDAS and A.I open day.

flukes
Fri Apr 16, 2004, 01:35 PM
Wondering if anyone in Melbourne is going to the VCS (Victoria Chilid Society) tommorow? Also we have the EDAS Auctions coming next Saturday (24th of April). And i think the A.I (Aquarium Industries) open day is the 14 of April. You need to be a part of any club/society too enter.
This is you yearly chance to see where most of the LFS/and some interstate fish are supplied from. I dont think purchases can be made (could be wrong) but iam sure it would be intresting.
So this is a big fortnight coming up for the hobby in Melbourne, hope you can make it too one, if not all of these great functions.

Hope too see you there.

Scott

kevkoi
Fri Apr 16, 2004, 03:33 PM
Yeah Scott,

Do us a favour and go have a squizz at the Discus at AI.... Then report back. :lol: Wanna see the state of Discus fish the general Australian fish shops are offered.... :lol:

... Actually a good mate of mine in Penang supplies them with fish... so I pretty much know what they get... but have a sqizz (bringing a camera would be helpful!) and give us a look! :D

kev

flukes
Sat Apr 17, 2004, 02:35 PM
Well i found out that the excursion to AI is on Sunday the 18th, ie Today.,
So i dont think ill be able to go, as i am not a member of any of the clubs, which you need to be to gain access. Ill see if i can still go but chances are slim..

Cheers
Scott

Proteus
Sat Apr 17, 2004, 05:59 PM
I would find that quite strange not allowing non-members...

I mean how on earth could they attract new members???

flukes
Sun Apr 18, 2004, 01:17 AM
Ok its an open day for all clubs etc. Ie. VCS,EDAS,ADA etc. If you are a member of any of these you can get in. I think they did it this way so the whole place wasnt swamped with people. Ah well maybe next year.