PDA

View Full Version : digital camera help please

jshewl
Wed Apr 14, 2004, 04:06 PM
Hello all, I need help taking pictures with a digital camera. please share all of your techniques to produce the best quality photo. I.E, lighting, angles, flash, etc. I have a HP 315 which has 2.1mp. I know its not the best camera but with my non- camera experience and lack of researching good camera's I am stuck with what I got. (Now I know :wink: ) I'm not the only one who has been and are in the same arena so all of you help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, jshewl :D

luvfishies
Sun Apr 18, 2004, 01:18 AM
There are a few simple tricks, but "the" best info out there about aquatirium photography, IMO, is at this site:
http://www.aquatic-photography.com/phpBB2/index.php

While it can get technical, there are lots of tips for us newbs to picture taking:

Darken the room
Light the tank as brightly as you can, supplementing the over-the-tank lights if needed, with shoplights or spotlights.
For fast-moving fish, set the shutter speed as fast as you can. For slower fish, or dim tanks, set the shutter speed slower, to get maximum exposure.
If you have to use flash, angle the shot so that the camera isn't pointing at 90* to the tank, or you will get reflected flash.
Use a tripod if you have one, or rig one. Even the slightest movement by the photographer will ruin an otherwise decent shot.
Make sure the glass is scrupulously clean, or the focus will be on the glass, not the subject you want.

be patient, get lots of shots, and keep trying! For every 100 shots you take, maybe 5-10 will be "decent".

HTH

DiscusMad
Thu May 20, 2004, 02:51 PM
cool site

Proteus
Thu May 20, 2004, 03:39 PM
that it is, very cool...

and there are some buddies over there that really know there stuff...

if you want to see some good pics, check out Verse914's pics...

AWESUM!!!