PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning but no eggs

oldschoolculture
Tue Jun 21, 2005, 11:43 PM
Hi,

Just wondering how long it takes for discus to spawn after they clean. I watched them last night and they were cleaning the side of a terracotta pot for a couple of hours. When I woke up this morning.........nada. They don't seem to be interested in the pot anymore.

Cheers :?

goldenpigeon
Wed Jun 22, 2005, 12:45 AM
are these guys experienced? or anything? or have they settled in yet? they might just need a bit of time

Merrilyn
Wed Jun 22, 2005, 02:10 AM
This can go on for days, or even weeks with young pairs.

Try a waterchange. That should give them a bit of a hint. :wink:

chris
Wed Jun 22, 2005, 05:08 AM
Give it time they will get it together if they are a pair :!:
Water changes and blood worms might speed the proccess up :?:

geral
Wed Jun 22, 2005, 05:58 AM
possibly they ate the eggs, so stay tunned during these days and see what happens. same happened to me, but at the 3th time i got it and now have maybe 45 - 50 babies.
regards

geral
Wed Jun 22, 2005, 06:00 AM
by the way.... ladyred knows a lot about this stuff, so feel free to ask her. she's a kind of oracle in the discusmaniac jejeje regards

oldschoolculture
Wed Jun 22, 2005, 06:32 AM
Thanks guys........does anyone know if putting a a large silk plant through the top of a terracotta pot will dissuade them from breeding

Ta

Kaza
Fri Jun 24, 2005, 12:09 AM
If they want to breed IMO nothing will stop them, I have even taken out the terracotta pot and they lay the eggs on the back of the tank.
I know you want to breed, so plenty of clean water and good food and Bobs your uncle, before you know it, you will have eggs.
However as others have said most of my pairs have taken ages to get it right some up to 15 attempts. Having said that one of my pairs first go now problems. So keep your fingers crossed.