PDA

View Full Version : Riddle

DR.V
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 08:42 AM
Hi all, I study maths at University right now and I got a riddle that I want to share with you all. If you have read similar riddle somewhere else, then its a just a coincident because I came up with this riddle myself. This riddle actually related to maths subject believe it or not ??

Okay here is the riddle,
There are 7 days in a week : Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
DR.V tell lies on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and tell truth on other days.
Prof.V tell lies on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday and tell truth on other days.
One day, they BOTH said " I tell lies yesterday "
Which day is it ??

To make it simpler im providing m/c answers :
A. Saturday
B. Tuesday
C. Sunday
D. Wednesday

So start think about it. ^^

Kaza
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 10:39 AM
It must be Saturday?

Benny
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 10:55 AM
they could be lieing when they said it tho ;)

Chafule
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:14 AM
sunday =]
srry if i ruined it for every1 lol >.<

chrissyoscar
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:27 AM
Saturday and wednesday are the days they were supposed to have both lied on so the answer is Thursday and Sunday I think!!

DR.V
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:32 AM
they could be lieing when they said it tho ;)

Hmm maybe ...

DR.V
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:33 AM
Hehehe

jim from sydney
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:38 AM
they are both born liers...saturday....unless they were doing it again

Chafule
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 12:28 PM
hey thursday isnt in A,B,C,D lol

vishy
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 01:15 PM
it has to be thursday and sunday. if the day falls on a day they were lying the previous day must be a day the were telling the truth. and if the day falls on a day they were telling the truth obviously they had to be lyin the previous day if that makes sense.
Matt :D

cat_2785
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 02:04 PM
it has to be thursday and sunday. if the day falls on a day they were lying the previous day must be a day the were telling the truth. and if the day falls on a day they were telling the truth obviously they had to be lyin the previous day if that makes sense.
Matt :D

Absolutely right!!!!! The answer is Sunday(c) or thursday if it was an option.

DR.V
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 02:37 PM
Hmm yeah the answer is Sunday or Thursday. Heheh... How long did it take you guys to figure out the answer ? 10Mins, 20Mins, 30Mins ??? Be honest ^^

Kaza
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:04 PM
Last year at uni I did philosophy, we took aguments and made them into maths statements. I was terrible at it, your problem reminds me of this. What kind of degree are you doing?

cat_2785
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:12 PM
it took my boyfriend around less than 10 minutes. For some reason he always gets the right answer to these sorts of things.

Cat

chrissyoscar
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 12:06 AM
all up about 10 min

Oscar

jim from sydney
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 04:34 AM
Hi all, I study maths at University right now

DR.V.........
You tested us.......now it is time for us to test YOU...
here is a real challenge for you alone:
Your Task:
write a mathematical equation to suit your riddle

Good Luck.....Jim

Chafule
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 07:17 AM
to be honest it took less than 5 mins...

DR.V
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 07:58 AM
write a mathematical equation to suit your riddle

Good Luck.....Jim

I cant really write it here, coz it uses weird symbols that our keyboard doesnt have... :( not making excuses here LOL

jim from sydney
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 11:54 AM
well try to write it for yourself anyway, make it work with equation editor (excel) and let us know when it works correctly, then you can give it to those who are interested, thru' their individual e-mail addresses....mathematical riddles are fun don't you think ??? :blob Jim