PDA

View Full Version : Prazi & fry

Dave76
Sat Jun 11, 2005, 07:18 AM
How big / old should fry be before using prazi on them ?

I have one surviving fry about 3 weeks old / 1cm long in a fry net in the tanks currently housing adults I want to treat with prazi - will it be ok, or should I move it to a floating tub for a couple of days while the prazi is in the water ?

Dave

Ben
Sat Jun 11, 2005, 09:21 AM
Dave,

I trialled using prazi with newly hatched fry 1 month ago. there were not many eggs fertilized and about 1 dozen wrigglers.
The wrigglers were fine and were not affected but the parents ate them 2 days later.
so i was unable to be complete in my trial.

The wrigglers lasted 48 hours so i do believe that the prazi did not kill them.

hth
Ben

Dave76
Sun Jun 12, 2005, 01:03 AM
Great thanks for the info Ben

I'll be treating this morning. Will let you know the outcome.

Dave

Crocky
Thu Jun 16, 2005, 08:27 AM
Dave
With the fry I was able to raise I treated the tank with the recommended dose.I treated te tank because I saw some of the fry scatching against the filter they where 12 days free swimming,the next day I pulled all the fry out and put them inatank of there own as the male had had anoth of them so I was a bit frighten they migt get eaten,It was there first lot of fry.Took half the water with them most from the top and also suck up some of the powder that didnt desolve and also put that in too.Redose a week later or what ever it say on the direction didnt lose any fry.

Brad C