PDA

View Full Version : Don Moyle's co2 soda bottle, is the inlet tubing submersed??

NanoPlantedMan
Wed Jun 08, 2005, 09:56 AM
In Don Moyle's co2 soda bottle, does he have the inlet tubing that goes into the bottle submersed in the water? Does he do this to catch the gas as it is released by the fermentation process in the water? On my last co2 bottle i had the tubing just a bit into the bottle above the surface of the water.

Also...

With the soda bottle's bulk head fittings, what in the heaven are bulk head fittings and where do i get them...and/or is there a better way to connect the tubing the to bottle or is using silicone to seal the tubing to the lid the only way.

Also to Don, I love your Quell fire extinguiser Co2 system, lol its an engineering feet! But for some like me (bone headed when it comes to mechanics), i have trouble wiring a basic flourescent setup!....Can you please make a PDF or site on your webpage to how to make a Quell CO2 setup [for dummies] so its like putting together a lego model.

kalebjarrod
Wed Jun 08, 2005, 10:17 AM
Sorry, i am a little confused

do you have a link for me?

NanoPlantedMan
Thu Jun 09, 2005, 11:14 AM
Don Moyle, who has his tank on www.ausdiscus.com.au he has his DIY stuff there as well.

kalebjarrod
Sun Jun 12, 2005, 08:20 AM
i will try to answer

in you DIY co2 reactor you need to have the silicone tubing above the level of the brewing fuild, the tubing is there to collect the gas thus it should be above the water

i simply use new silicone tubing and fit a small hole in the top of the reactor(soda bottles) i then jsut push the tubing through

i guess your asking the last question of don but if you are completly DIY illiterat you can simplely hire a co2 as bottle from BOC gasses or you can now buy them from your local home brew shop!

jim from sydney
Sun Jun 12, 2005, 10:10 AM
making your own is a lot more fun....an a lot cheaper too....Jim

kalebjarrod
Sun Jun 12, 2005, 09:03 PM
and if you have seen ducks tank can work really REALLY REALLY well

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2377&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=60

Shawnts106
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 03:20 AM
YEAH IT WORKS!!!!! :shock:

Benny
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 03:28 AM
out of curiousity, could you use a 9KG LPG Gas canister for a bbq to hold CO2 gas? coz theyre alot cheaper then $150 for a fire extinguisher?!

kalebjarrod
Wed Jun 29, 2005, 08:22 AM
i think you will find that legally they can't fill a lpg with co2 :cry:

Shawnts106
Thu Jun 30, 2005, 03:59 AM
WELL THATS CRAPY!