PDA

View Full Version : What can we do for you?

kalebjarrod
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:20 AM
As a wise man once said

"Change equals Growth"

What can we change or do to help this forum grow further?

Any idea's would be researched (by our resident tech'o) to see how we can implement them.

Thanks in advance :wink:

Proteus
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:26 AM
To give you an idea of what sort of information we are seeking, feel free to refer to THIS DISCUSSION ON AUBF.com (http://www.australianbettaforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7136)

thanks

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 10:09 AM
This is your chance to tell us what YOU would like to see here. How can we best help you make your discus keeping experience successful and enjoyable.

All ideas will be given a fair hearing. So come on. Don't be shy. This is YOUR forum :wink:

goldenpigeon
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 10:23 PM
well you can ALL help me by giving me free specimens of your best strains ;) :lol: ;)

Dave76
Tue Jun 07, 2005, 01:10 AM
Perhaps an articles / library type section for common questions / answers

things like diseases / symptoms / treatments
breeding tips

would probably save the advisors / mods some time :)

Dave

chrissyoscar
Thu Jun 09, 2005, 12:55 AM
Perhaps an Archive section. This can contain some of the more popular and informative posts, very similar to Daves suggestion.
Also perhaps a list of breeders who are willing to sell to the puplic. I know they're out there. It doesn't have to be just discus most people have community tanks so fish like Bristlenose, tetra's etc are always popular.

Oscar

Merrilyn
Thu Jun 09, 2005, 02:53 AM
Yeppies. I hear ya. Great ideas guys.

Keep them coming. :P

kalebjarrod
Thu Jun 09, 2005, 08:58 AM
someone mentioned this in ABF

Pics that fit to the page LOL

i always have to scroll

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 09, 2005, 10:42 AM
lol yer that would be nice!

i will do my thing to help:

FOR ANY1 WHO DOENT KNOW HOW TO USE PHOTOSHOP OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT PM ME AND ILL GIVE YOU ALL THE HELP YOU NEED ;)

kalebjarrod
Thu Jun 09, 2005, 10:52 AM
thanks JNR

but i think you would have a easier time negotiating the middle east peace plan than teaching everyone individually how to use photoshop :wink:

Proteus
Thu Jun 09, 2005, 12:21 PM
Photoshop discussion split to its own topic

duck
Fri Jun 10, 2005, 09:17 AM
My thought's
What about a section for planted discus tank,called Amazon garden(i know you have one but the head title) which you can have ,lighting,Water para,Algea,along those line's.

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 10, 2005, 11:17 AM
or a "how to - amazon garden ;) "

DR.V
Fri Jun 10, 2005, 12:26 PM
I agree about this amazon garden thing, we need some section that discuss about green healhty tank.
Including CO2, fertz , etc .

chrissyoscar
Sat Jun 18, 2005, 02:22 AM
After seeing Nicks fantastic marine pics I'm sure there are a few of us who would love a Marine setup.
I know this is a Discus forum but I think a Marine section would be great. There are plenty of other forums dedicated to marine fish but I like this one :D

Oscar

Chafule
Sat Jun 18, 2005, 04:12 AM
section on aqua scaping o.O
lol i mean how to set out a nice tank, where to place rocks and plants?

kalebjarrod
Sat Jun 18, 2005, 11:08 PM
I love Nics marine tank pics as well

but personally i think marine should be disscussed in AusFish Fourms

if you start having a marine section here next you'll have a betta section etc etc

although those pics were preety cool

as for the planted tank stuff i am working on somthing now :wink:

Merrilyn
Sat Jun 18, 2005, 11:49 PM
Aus Fish Forum has the same Admin team, and several of us mods are there as well.

Oscar, if you want to talk marine, come over and chat :wave

www.ausfishforum.com/index

:wink:

chrissyoscar
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks I'll check it out. :D

Oscar :D

Del
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 03:30 AM
I find searching topics gives too broad a range - very time consuming to wade through. Can anything be done to make this easier?

Merrilyn
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 04:37 AM
good suggestion Del. Okay, I can work with that. How about an index in each category that is easily searchable by subheadings, made into a sticky.

jim from sydney
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 04:55 AM
i find that looking for info takes much toooooo long in some cases. i use the "search" button a lot this reduces the search time a bit but still not enough, what i would like to see is that a more precise index be available directly relating to problems.i.e. plants, co2, light, pH,etc. this means refining the problem more than we do now. subheadings could be introduced for each topic a bit like "tree formatting". should be of great help and what a time saver it would be, especially if we need info urgently, ......Jim.

kalebjarrod
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 08:12 AM
do what i do and stay on the computer all day till you memorize all the posts LOL

that really dosn't answer your question though

Proteus
Mon Jun 20, 2005, 09:46 AM
in the main search feature, you can narrow things down, but we can always look at ways to improve what we have

chrissyoscar
Sun Aug 21, 2005, 11:50 PM
Would it be possible to have a section that lists all Discus Forums sponsors. This can also iclude a brief description of what they offer and what discount if any they provide for DF members.

Oscar

kalebjarrod
Mon Aug 22, 2005, 03:45 AM
sounds like an idea !

Proteus
Mon Aug 22, 2005, 09:52 AM
There is a thread in the News & Announcements topic area that lists all sponsors, as well as a list here:- www.aquadotnetwork.com

As to what they offer DF members, some have discounts which are listed in seperate threads, however I will see what we can do to get everything in one central location.

jim from sydney
Mon Aug 22, 2005, 10:51 AM
I am not sure if this is possible but i will try......
i would like to have access to the names of local members, this could be useful to organise seeing each other from time to time and discuss ideas at a local level (like face to face) and help each other in addition to the open forum ofcourse.

when i had great difficulty recently with a very sick discus it would have been very helpful if some-one more experienced than me, could have had a look with me to discuss options.

we could do this by simple registering our suburb's name and any-one who would be interested could then make contact or send a PM.

I had a number of times that i feel "if i could only see or talk to some-oneand exchange ideas"..

besides it helps if we are to receive fish from different cities, from members, by mail..we could pool together and save costs!!!!

LFS are often no good..too much sales talk or plain "dont know"
besides it is a nice way to meet each other and make friends...and maybe exchange fish or similar things

...Jim.

Merrilyn
Mon Aug 22, 2005, 01:54 PM
That's a nice idea Jim. Not sure if it would be possible.

I'll leave it up to the Admin to reply.

Benny
Wed Aug 24, 2005, 11:48 AM
I think, at the choice of the individual its an excellent idea..

i think that perhaps, we should make city registers, where at their own choice users can post their location, and such...

jim from sydney
Thu Aug 25, 2005, 02:55 AM
I think, at the choice of the individual its an excellent idea..

i think that perhaps, we should make city registers, where at their own choice users can post their location, and such...

Benny....good thinking Bud....Jim

Admin...pl respond...JIm

marg
Thu Sep 01, 2005, 05:05 AM
Wish I lived in Sydney or Melbourne - the idea of a register for locals sounds great. Unfortunately where I live there are no locals with Discus. Still I can see where a local register would help all you city folks.

LiLDiscus
Fri Sep 02, 2005, 10:18 AM
I feel there should be a "Begginer's Section"... or sumthing along the lines of that for us Begginer's (points to me.. hehe).
Because so far... all the queries I have had I just post on "General Discussion" or "Food,Nutrition, Water, Chemistry". The section should include some "Sticky Threads" of some Basic Information.
Thanks... Only My Two Cents :D
Cheers
Winny

Proteus
Fri Sep 02, 2005, 10:27 AM
I feel there should be a "Begginer's Section"... or sumthing along the lines of that for us Begginer's (points to me.. hehe).
Because so far... all the queries I have had I just post on "General Discussion" or "Food,Nutrition, Water, Chemistry". The section should include some "Sticky Threads" of some Basic Information.
Thanks... Only My Two Cents :D
Cheers
Winny

DONE

Discus Keeping 101 (http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28)

LiLDiscus
Fri Sep 02, 2005, 11:34 AM
Cheers Proteus :lol:

kalebjarrod
Fri Sep 02, 2005, 09:38 PM
Discus Keeping 101

GREAT IDEA LiLDiscus 8-)