PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Metro in sydney ?

DR.V
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 07:34 AM
Where to get Metro in Sydney ? Eastern Suburb area, I have problem finding this medicine. Ladyred said local vet got it, but my local vet never heard of this medicine. Does SLS got this medicine? I havent checked!

Just want to re confrim, that this medicine treat discus that has not been eating for days, right ??

Thanks all

DR.V
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 07:35 AM
What is the full name of this medicine? Just "Metro" ?

axelfaz
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 07:39 AM
the full name is metronidazole and cames in 200 or 400Mg tablets :wink:

Merrilyn
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 07:41 AM
Metronidazole, also known as Flagyl.

A broad spectrum antibiotic.

Treat at the rate of 250mg per 40 litres of water, TWICE daily for three days. Do a 30% waterchange inbetween doses.

Darth_discus
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 07:57 AM
i got metro but i got it in the liquid

DR.V
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 08:15 AM
Why does aquarium shop dont have this ?
Only vet got this ?? But my local vet dont have this

axelfaz
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 08:46 AM
Iam pretty sure its a controlled drug thats why you can only get it from a vet or docter 8-)

DR.V
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 12:59 PM
is this the best medicine to treat not eating discus ?

Merrilyn
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 04:48 PM
i got it today because mum is a doctor but i got the liquid and wandering does it still treat the usual and how much to use when dosing and how to dose

Darth, some people have used the liquid, but it gave them problems with their water quality. Ask your mum if she can get you 400mg tablets instead. If you need to treat your fish, I can give you the full instructions then.

Dr.V - what other symptoms is your fish showing, other than not eating.

Metro or Flagyl can only be obtained by a prescription from a medical doctor, or from a vet. Your vet will be able to get it for you, but he may want to see the sick fish first. Sometimes they will accept a photograph of the fish as proof.

If you are simply not able to get Metro, then a product called Tri Sulphur should be available from an aquarium shop. It's marketed under different brand names, and will also help with the treatment of Hexemita.

DR.V
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 10:07 PM
other than not eating, it also shows that there are sore of "dent" on the body, like skinny fish. Is this Hexemita ladyred ?

dreamer
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 10:41 PM
i used the liquid version of metro in the past, personally i dont like it!!! you will see slime everywhere on the glass...filter ....EVERYWHERE but it seems to works just as good as tablet though.

in most cases 250mg/40ltr will do fine, in some cases you may need to double the dosage to 500mg/40ltr. i always raise the temp around 32c when treating with metro.

like LR mentioned twice daily for 3days!! better yet every 8hrs as metro lost its power after 8hrs in water and always do wc in between treatment.

your fish may not start to eat at the end of treatment .. may take up to a week for them to gain their appetite back.

ps. try the dr on gardeners rd across from retravision, most unsw students know him :) he should be able to prescribe metro for you

DR.V
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 11:02 PM
i used the liquid version of metro in the past, personally i dont like it!!! you will see slime everywhere on the glass...filter ....EVERYWHERE but it seems to works just as good as tablet though.

ps. try the dr on gardeners rd across from retravision, most unsw students know him :) he should be able to prescribe metro for you

So if you use the tablet version, you wont get slime ?

If a Dr can prescribe this metro, and do i buy them at chemist ??

Hmm its a shame that DR.V cant prescribe a medicine for himself , LOL ^^

dreamer
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 11:26 PM
better not to name anyone in forums :)
yes, you can buy them from any chemist with the prescription

DR.V
Wed Jun 01, 2005, 11:36 PM
thx dreamer

goldenpigeon
Thu Jun 02, 2005, 01:24 AM
um... yer blah blah blah ;)

DR.V
Thu Jun 02, 2005, 08:09 AM
can you benny ?? if you can, please PM me~ thx

Darth_discus
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 12:05 PM
i've got the tablets what do i do how much should i dose if i should have a problem

dreamer
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 12:15 PM
maybe you should read before asking ?

Proteus
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 01:24 PM
Just an FYI, if any members are providing others with metro tabs, or accessing them from sources other than a vet, please dont disclose the information in public.

Metro is a prescription/vet only issued drug.

Benny
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 01:31 PM
Im not giving nobody nothing :)