PDA

View Full Version : ADA June 2005 Meeting

Proteus
Tue May 31, 2005, 11:13 AM
The next Australian Discus Association meeting will be held on Saturday the 25th of June at Parramatta.

42A Ross Street
Parramatta

Saturday the 25th @ 7:30pm

If this is incorrect, please advise and I will correct.

goldenpigeon
Tue May 31, 2005, 11:50 AM
kinda wish i still lived in sydney......

Proteus
Thu Jun 02, 2005, 10:48 PM
so....

who is coming along???

Merrilyn
Thu Jun 02, 2005, 11:10 PM
Take along a video link hood up, and I'm there :wink:

DiscusMan
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 11:39 PM
Take along a video link hood up, and I'm there :wink:

I had actually thought about doing this you realise.

I have unwired connected which is a movable broadband connection. I was thinking of broadcasting a meeting but thought it was a bit of a silly idea.

HEHEHEH

Oh yeah and I will be at the meeting :) im sure that will make people come along NOT!

Wayne

Fishpimpin73
Sat Jun 04, 2005, 12:23 AM
Actually I think a broadcast would be very cool :wink:

goldenpigeon
Sat Jun 04, 2005, 01:33 AM
so do i!

Merrilyn
Sat Jun 04, 2005, 11:31 AM
Wayne, that's not such a bad idea.

Is it possible?

Ben
Sat Jun 04, 2005, 02:46 PM
For us melbourne people, place and time and i will be there!

It seriously sounds like a great idea!

Ben

Proteus
Sat Jun 04, 2005, 06:35 PM
maybe at a future meeting, firstly so it can be dicussed with the committee, and secondly, to try and get a guest speaker to make it worthwhile...

DiscusMan
Sat Jun 04, 2005, 09:11 PM
Hey i was thinking the same as proteus,

i cant really see much point in broadcasting the meeting itself as its pretty boring. If we got a good speaker or something then that would be cool.

Also how do we handle the fact that many people might just tune in and watch the speakers on teh net without joining the club. Part of being a member of the club is that group activites get done on behalf of the club and membership fees pay for the club to meet and stuff, if we privode these things for free then why join the club?

Just a thought anyways.

It is possible to password protect live streams but all this needs to be discussed i suppose.

Keep the ideas coming htou this is what our club needs.

Wayne

marg
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 07:27 AM
Hey i was thinking the same as proteus,

i cant really see much point in broadcasting the meeting itself as its pretty boring. If we got a good speaker or something then that would be cool.

Also how do we handle the fact that many people might just tune in and watch the speakers on teh net without joining the club. Part of being a member of the club is that group activites get done on behalf of the club and membership fees pay for the club to meet and stuff, if we privode these things for free then why join the club?

Just a thought anyways.

It is possible to password protect live streams but all this needs to be discussed i suppose.

Keep the ideas coming htou this is what our club needs.

WayneHi Proteus,

I am going to try to come.

I contacted James Tilley and had a talk to him about joining - he was really helpful and after speaking with him I located the ADA Website and downloaded the Form, then applied to join mid May. I haven't heard anything back yet (understandable due to no May Meeting), but I am really eager to become an ADA Member. James informed me that ADA would include back copies of their newsletter etc., once my membership was approved, so I can't wait. You can easily tell I'm a Newbie can't you!!.

Why do you say the meeting is boring Discusman? I would have thought that a whole lot of Discus People together would be pretty interesting.

How many people attend the meetings Proteus, and is the meeting at a residential address?.

Proteus
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 07:30 AM
The meeting is at a Lions Hall (scouts, guides, etc use the same facility)

I think when Wayne says it is boring, he means a bunch of ugly old guys just chatting about fish... lol (note I left the ladies out)...

The only thing I can say is new blood is needed, new ideas, and things will be excellent.

marg
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 07:43 AM
Well I will do my best to get there. Wagga is about 5 hours drive from you but I still think that it will be worthwhile. How long do the meetings go for?

And don't knock the Oldies, I usede to breed and show dogs years ago and two of my best friends were a couple in their Late 70's. Everyone bagged me because I used to hang with the "Oldies" but they soon stopped when my dogs began to round them up, and I would put that down to the help and advice that those two lovely old people gave me.

Proteus
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 07:48 AM
OMG, let me suggest something...

come to a meeting where there is a guest speaker or something.

marg
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 07:58 AM
Proteus what does OMG mean?.

I am also new to computers :oops: , I did copy the list of general talk etc., that I found on this site but can't find OMG.

Proteus
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:14 AM
Oh My God

or

Oh My Goodness

marg
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:18 AM
ta for that. I should've been able to work it out myself (dodo).

Would it still be worthwhile coming to the June Meeting anyway?

Proteus
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:23 AM
Maybe wait till Wayne or another ADA member can comment, as I dont know what is on the agenda at the upcoming meeting

marg
Mon Jun 06, 2005, 08:25 AM
Okay, I'll keep my sights on this link. Thanks for your help.

Proteus
Sat Jun 25, 2005, 08:10 AM
It is probably too late for most, but dont forget, ADA June meeting tonight.

(I will report back later tonight)

Proteus
Sat Jun 25, 2005, 02:02 PM
Well after bettling through the rain, I am back...

Tonight there was a great presentation on making your own "Seafood Mix" (similar to beefheart mix, but with better nutritional value).

Also a slide/dvd display was shown of all the Aquarama 2005 winners (as per the photos we have online here).

Other than that, some healthy banter, and a good night all round.