PDA

View Full Version : Intersting site on Medicines etc

chrissyoscar
Sat May 28, 2005, 04:11 PM
Hope you like this site as I found it interesting.

http://www.malawicichlidhomepage.com/aquainfo/disease_intro.html

Just scroll to the bottom and click next to find the other pages.
It tells you info about different diseases and medicines that can be used etc.

Oscar

leanne31
Mon May 30, 2005, 12:13 AM
Thats a interesting site thanks for sharing oscar the thing that I found interesting was the write up on hole in the head it says if you dose with metro the fish must be eating as metro is not absorbed through the gills so if the fish isnt eating then it will not be effective at all it will only be a preventive for the other fish that are in the tank with it that are eating.

Leanne

Merrilyn
Mon May 30, 2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah, that's an interesting comment. I read that too Leanne. It differs from some other scientific papers tho. Certainly the ideal way is to treat the food, and that way the metro goes directly into the stomach where it will do the most good. But unfortunately, that doesn't always work. Sometimes treating the water is the best we can do. Fish DO drink, and they do urinate.

chrissyoscar
Tue May 31, 2005, 05:20 AM
Yeah I also found that write up a little confusing. If the affected fish needs to be eating for the medicine to work then doesn't that imply he wont be cured and therefore eventually die. I agree with ladyred, fish do drink therefore the medicine should work provided the fish isn't to far gone.

Oscar