PDA

View Full Version : bristlenoses and peppermint bristlenoses

lesley
Wed May 25, 2005, 08:15 AM
Thought you people in Melbourne area might be interested to know that the
Cranbourne Aquarium has
3-4 cm bristlenoses for $4.95
4 cm Peppermint bristlenoses for $48

I bought six of the first and two of the second. Interesting little guys.

He also has some very nice Geophagus, and heaps of Uarus (not too sure how the Uarus would go with the discus, mine are in a separate tank). The prices are very good.

He also has 1 litre packs of Geoliquid for $69.90, and very good deals on frozen bloodworm.

Lesley

p.s. now you will want to know where it is!!!
tel 5995 5066 (Roy is the cichlid expert)
14 cooper crt, cranbourne.

Ben
Wed May 25, 2005, 08:32 AM
Lesley,

I was down there 2 weeks ago, Very nice shop!
I noticed he breeds a few fish for sale in the shop.
He had some nice golden severums for sale.
and geeez airnt those Uaru's just awesome!
Might have to make another trip out there for some BN.

Thanks for sharing Lesley

Ben

goldenpigeon
Wed May 25, 2005, 08:56 AM
not bad prices. up here there are 4cm peps for about30 - 40 bucks

DR.V
Wed May 25, 2005, 09:32 AM
i think sydney got the highest price. SLS sell it for $65

jwight
Mon May 30, 2005, 01:42 PM
In adelaide locally bred species selling for $75 proberly 3cm

goldenpigeon
Tue May 31, 2005, 05:53 AM
wowzer! thats a bit. is there a reason y they are so expensive?

leanne31
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 02:42 AM
All our fish are expensive down here David you'll be lucky to buy a semi adult discus for under $150 and most adults i see go for around $250 now can you see why I get so excited when my sisters fish have babies.

Leanne

Sam
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 02:47 AM
peppermints at SLS are $60 each or 2 for $110.

goldenpigeon
Fri Jun 03, 2005, 06:42 AM
wow!! geez i think u should move to the gold coast leanne! i can get adults for about 100

jwight
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 02:56 PM
Semi-to adult discus at Rainbow Aquatics in Brighton for $85-$190 with 15% if buy 2 or more. They sell my tiger lotuses for $30. They also sell some paired discus there around $400 for both. Peppermint bristles expensive because they can not get them in from anywhere apparently. that is at another shop on Ocean Bvd. Could be a sales pitch. Also albino for $60 and madagascar lace plant for $65. Do reply I cant compare with anywhere else.

Kaza
Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:22 PM
I went down to Rainbow Auatics about a month ago, they had a 2 inch red melon for $250. I couldnt believe the price. Thats why I have brought so many discus from interstate. There are however problems attached with that I have a pair of fish which Leanne and I called the conk heads, I payed $190.00 each from interstate FS. Now I figure if I cant breed them or see them first hand I will not buy. There is a big breeder of discus down at Port Elliot he has soem nice discus and prices seem reasonable (so he says) after my exams I am planning to go see him.

I have to do the rounds of the LFS and see if they will buy baby discus. I asked yesterday at a shop in Happy Valley she told me she will not buy from local breeders as their fish have diseases and they will not replace them if they die in the first week (appartently interstate breeders will)