PDA

View Full Version : I have s superfish

poppy
Thu May 19, 2005, 09:46 PM
I had one surviving wriggler 48 hours after hatching

I have removed the single wriggler in the whole spawn, as I the parents had lost interest and I want to prep for the next spawn.

5PM
I removed him carefully with his surrounding eggs and blob and put him in a margarine container, he became freeswimming a few hours later. I put some black tape at one end which attracted him immediatley..... I syringed some beaten egg yolk at him........

I did this a few times.... he seemed to take and stay there after a few times......... immersed and wriggling like normal ( I hope he was eating) After the feed I put him in fresh aquaruim water in another container.

I repeated 3 times until I went to bed............ at 1am I had a guy call with a wrong number that woke me up............ (does my superfish have a guardian angel) and I checked on him and he was still alive!!!!!

I fed him again and changed water........ the whole time I have him under a light to try and keep temp up. I woke this morning at 7am and hes still alive........

he is SUPERFISH!!!!

Fed and changed water......... not sure if he ate tho??? He is still swimming and seems ok............

now the dilemma.............. do I pack him up and take him to work to keep feeds up................ AM I NUTS............. MAYBE...........LOL

this guy seems to be a miracle...........

any similar experiences???

poppy

goldenpigeon
Fri May 20, 2005, 12:17 AM
i would :D i have taken my baby birds (i used to breed birds) to skool when i was handraising them..... :lol:

DR.V
Fri May 20, 2005, 12:32 AM
hehe sounds interesting

poppy
Fri May 20, 2005, 07:04 AM
5pm and hes still alive and well........... and i even left him home alone all day.......

24 hours after being taken from breeding cone

poppy

goldenpigeon
Fri May 20, 2005, 07:32 AM
wow he is a litle tuff nut!

lesxda
Sat May 21, 2005, 02:46 PM
Just would love a update on superfish
les

DR.V
Sat May 21, 2005, 03:10 PM
is it still alive ?

poppy
Sat May 21, 2005, 04:53 PM
YES............ the superfish is alive and well

he's eating and wiggling..........so I assume all is well

i am amazed every time i check him..............

hes a trooper

goldenpigeon
Sat May 21, 2005, 10:45 PM
I REACON!!!!

Merrilyn
Sun May 22, 2005, 02:34 PM
Go little superfish. This is fantastic.

premier
Wed May 25, 2005, 07:35 PM
take a good ole sickie or two it's a great cause.
go lil superfishy