PDA

View Full Version : tank now FULL!

jluna
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 10:09 PM
hi guys, here's some new pics - i bought a new pearl pigeon from SLS yesterday (and boy, if she grows up to be anything like the adult they've got in the shop i'll be happy!!) so i've now got 8 in the 360 litre tank - 2 blue turqs, 2 blue snakes, 3 blue diamonds, and the pearl, plus 14 rummies and 2 bristles...

enjoy!
justin

jluna
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 10:14 PM
turq and ss

jluna
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 10:17 PM
blue diamonds

jluna
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 10:19 PM
eight is enough...i think...

Chris McMahon
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 12:45 AM
Could you tell me about the background wall? Real, polystyrene, or picture?

I've been looking for exactly that effect.

flukes
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 01:17 AM
Justin,
That pearl pigeon looks familiar, hehehe i got one from SLS aswell he had exactly the same markings as yours. I also got a snakeskin that looks the same as yours too, and the blue diamond but they all look alike.
Its like looking at my tank!! nice choice.
Those pearls should turn out awesome, but mine gets picked on a bit at feeding time by the BD but he still gets a good fed.

Anyway good luck they are great quality fish..

Scott

jluna
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 01:48 AM
hi chris, it's just a photo, got it from the local petshop - this one is double-sided, but the other side is a hideous colourful scene - yukko!! it was cheap and easy. not like discus!! :)

justin

jluna
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 01:53 AM
chris, if you can't find it i know my petshop still has it - i could post it to you if u really want. send me a private message here and we can arrange something. (nice avatar, btw!!)

justin

Proteus
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 02:44 AM
Justin, great piece of work with your tank...

very nice, and those Discus... stunning

Chris McMahon
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 02:50 AM
chris, if you can't find it i know my petshop still has it - i could post it to you if u really want. send me a private message here and we can arrange something. (nice avatar, btw!!)Thanks.

I'll check some of the LFS around here. The normal ones I go to only have plant backings, but I'll remember to check the backs. My tank back is 48"x18".

Any chance of a wide shot of your whole tank?

Proteus
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 02:54 AM
Maybe give George at G&S a call, get him to have a peek at this post, and see if he can help out, or get it in...

Chris McMahon
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 03:01 AM
Maybe give George at G&S a call, get him to have a peek at this post, and see if he can help out, or get it in...I was only there yesterday. :D I had a quick look at their backings and didn't see it. I'll give them a call. Thanks for the suggestion.

jluna
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 06:14 AM
chris, there's another post in this forum from me called "new setup in 6ft" - you can sort of see the effect of the backdrop there.

justin

Chris McMahon
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 07:30 AM
Thanks jluna you've been a big help.

I ended up getting something pretty similar from G&S for about $3.50/ft. It's a rock wall, but appears slightly lighter in color. It's 19" high btw. Also remembered to get my 10% Discusforums discount :D