PDA

View Full Version : Building 3 teir stands.

flukes
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 02:24 PM
I just finshed making a 3tier stand for 4fters and i thought id post some designs and explaination on what i did. -
http://members.optusnet.com.au/flukes/Cutting%20list.JPG
http://members.optusnet.com.au/flukes/method.JPG

Pictures soon when its painted and got some tanks on it. :D

Scott

Proteus
Sat Apr 03, 2004, 10:07 PM
EXCELLENT WORK Scott...

when complete (pics, etc) would you mind this being used as a resource in the articles section when launched...

all credit going to you of course...

:wink:

flukes
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 01:10 AM
Well this was the first time i had tried it so i had a carpenter help me :o
So it wasnt all me.
Now i have seen people do it by just bolting the 90x45cm crossbeams to the posts but i thought it would be alot stronger this way and worth the extra time.

If anyone is going to make one just msg/email me and ill see if i can help you. Just dont rush the measurements as i did about 4 different plans because i was leaving out a gap between the tank and the crossbeam and other stupid things.

Scott

Pics too comes soon when i paint it.

Proteus
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 02:49 AM
Progress pics are good too...

shows an ugly duckling turn into a masterpiece

(not saying there is anything ugly about it)

flukes
Sun Apr 04, 2004, 03:25 AM
Well its put together now, but iam going to do a 3 teir 2fter after this one is up and running and ill post step by step with that.

Merrilyn
Fri Aug 13, 2004, 10:32 AM
Good one Scott. This is a very well written article. It will be a big help to all our DIY fans.

kalebjarrod
Sun Aug 15, 2004, 01:51 AM
did you snap any coachscrews?

i always think i am a superhero and snap the top of them.

those things SUCK to drill out.

i use bolts now, just because if i snap the top of with my super human strengh i can hammer it out from the other end.

post some pics man i am very interested. :wink:

flukes
Sun Aug 15, 2004, 02:23 AM
For those of you who noticed there is a bit of a mistake in the first paragraph where i write the measurements as 900x450 which might be a tad too big :wink: just thought id state that.

Ryan - Because this stand is already done its hard to take good pics because i painted it black. Iam knocking up a breeding rack soon which i will do progress pics too and write another article for.

kalebjarrod
Sun Aug 15, 2004, 08:33 AM
just because we can't see before and after dose not mean we don't want to see the final product

POST PICS

and don't forget to post pics of before and after of the breeding rack