PDA

View Full Version : Contagious

chris
Wed May 18, 2005, 05:36 AM
Hello I was just woundering if Hex is contagious I understand it is an internal parasite but can it be passed to other fish.

mistakes r crucial
Wed May 18, 2005, 08:44 AM
Yes it can and very easily. Treat one treat 'em all.
MAC

leanne31
Thu May 19, 2005, 05:42 AM
I had one once that got hex I left it in the main tank for a while as I was waiting for some meds to be posted to me none of my others got it but maybe just luck. Chris Im not 100% sure whether yours has hex anymore you say it has clear poo when mine had hex it was bright white very long and extremely thick I think if yours ate again it would probably go back to normal I really think its lonely in its quarantine tank and misses its friends discus hate being by itself and maybe thats why its not eating its been taken from its family when you get back I think add a couple of your other fish and you might see a difference.

Leanne

chris
Thu May 19, 2005, 07:19 AM
I think your right Leanne, Her poo was bright white now its clear, my mate has a pair of those whitexvirgin reds from simon, Ive asked him to worm mine with his soon, maybe these guys will bring her around.
Im just spewin I run out of time.

leanne31
Thu May 19, 2005, 07:31 AM
Just make sure shes had plenty of fresh water before you worm her.
Let me know what your mates white x virgin reds look like as I also have a juvi one of those mine looks alright in a bb tank nice and white with some red spots starting to show and a nice blue sheen through its fins but as soon as its in my planted gravel tank it goes a dirty looking colour like its been out the back rolling in the dirt mmm wonder what it does get up to when Im not looking :lol:

Leanne

chris
Thu May 19, 2005, 12:34 PM
My Friends whitexvirginRed looks mainly white with a Blue tinge and a few rusty freckles on the top fins, these things grow at an enormus rate as well,
Very out going but are also little pointy. Not bad though
Ill take a pic soon.