PDA

View Full Version : Finally have wrigglers

ozarowana
Wed May 18, 2005, 12:35 AM
My red melon pair have been practising forever and finally yesterday I saw black dots on the eggs. This morning they have little tails. I was starting to worry about my male shooting blanks. Only a small percentage hatched but I guess it's a start.

This is my first confirmed pair and I'm sure the fun will now begin :wink:

Will get a pic soon. They are the two fish in the second last pic from this link http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1994

ctvu
Wed May 18, 2005, 01:17 AM
They are indeed very nice fish! And congratulation on your confirmed pair.
Please keep us updated.

ctvu

chris
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:05 AM
Yer awesome looking fish good luck rearing the new spawn, take some pictures soon 8-)

sunshinediscus
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:16 AM
Congrats Chuong, good luck with the rearing. Keep us updated with some pics occasionally.

Rod

Merrilyn
Wed May 18, 2005, 04:46 AM
Well done. I am sooo happy for you.

We look forward to those pictures. :D

ozarowana
Thu May 19, 2005, 12:08 AM
They decided to clean everything up... fungused eggs and wrigglers. Will have to wait till next week for another go.

On another note a couple of my golden melons have paired up and have laid about three times. I think a couple of the remaining red melons have paired up aswell.

goldenpigeon
Thu May 19, 2005, 12:36 AM
a very big congrats on a confirmed pair!!! :D better luck next time :)

Merrilyn
Thu May 19, 2005, 12:47 AM
Don't worry, they'll get it right.

ozarowana
Thu May 19, 2005, 01:15 AM
I wasn't expecting too much from them... just happy they are confirmed. Will have to start reading all the breeding threads.

sunshinediscus
Thu May 19, 2005, 05:51 AM
Chuong,

Are you using reverse osmosis water? I don't get a high hatch rate unless i do, rarely will it be higher than 40 or 50 babies in our Brisbane tapwater. But when i add 75% ro water the hatch rate is brilliant.

Rod

ozarowana
Thu May 19, 2005, 11:46 PM
No RO Rod... will have to look into it.

Hmmm might have to move the pair into work... plenty of RO there :wink: