PDA

View Full Version : RSG and brillant

Kaza
Mon May 16, 2005, 06:19 AM
I just discovered my male is a RSG and the mother is a brillant. What or who will the babies take after???? At the moment they are 10 weeks and just bronze colour with bars.

Merrilyn
Mon May 16, 2005, 06:57 AM
Hmmm good question Kaza. I have no idea.

I would think that you will see the red dots from the RSG in some of the fry, but as for the base colour. Not really sure. Could be a good looking cross though.

leanne31
Tue May 17, 2005, 12:17 AM
Karen are you sure your females a brilliant mine is supposed to be a brilliant as well and they dont look anything like eachother maybe mines a blue turk who knows I might take a photo of both of them a post it then we might know for sure. :?

Leanne

Kaza
Wed May 18, 2005, 06:36 AM
I have noticed some of the fry are getting little timy red spots. Who knows??

chris
Wed May 18, 2005, 11:54 AM
Leanne yours according to Simon at LFS is a Brilliant Turq.
Not sure if you remember about a year and a half ago in that display tank at the front he had only red Turqs bout 6 and bout 6 Brill turq with a school of Frontozas. Quit a sight , your Brill Turq was in there.
Chris

leanne31
Thu May 19, 2005, 05:20 AM
Went to Karens today and looked in her discus catalogue mine is def a brilliant we dont know what hers is I'll take a photo soon and see if someone else knows

Leanne

leanne31
Sat May 28, 2005, 02:46 AM
Hi this is Karens mother discus with her fry Karen doesnt know Ive taken this as she wasnt home the mother is darker at the moment because of the babies but we're not 100% sure of what type she is.

Leanne

Kaza
Sat May 28, 2005, 03:33 AM
Leanne Breaking and entering!!!!
you know looking at her I think she is a red turk? the babies are 2 weeks old today and have started to eat live blackworms. Looks funny when they fight over the same worm.

leanne31
Sat May 28, 2005, 03:41 AM
Well you were probably lucky I wasnt a fish napper as the roller door was left all the way up I could of scored myself 2 pairs and lots of babies come to think of it I should of taken the lot and held them to ransom :twisted: Ha Ha
Let me know when your home next week as I'll come and take photos of the ones inside as well

Leanne

axelfaz
Sat May 28, 2005, 04:28 AM
hi all, could it be possiable that the female is a brown discus. the black in the fins seem to be common in browns.

cameron

leanne31
Sun May 29, 2005, 11:56 PM
I think you may be on to something Cameron, Karen did mention that the other day as well.

Leanne

Merrilyn
Mon May 30, 2005, 07:43 AM
Good pick Cameron. Maybe a cross between a brown and a turquoise?

That black in the fins is very distinctive.

Beautiful looking family Karen. Love to see some more photos.

jim from sydney
Mon May 30, 2005, 09:17 AM
babies looking great.......keep the pics coming....Jim