PDA

View Full Version : Like Concode- Gidday Folks, Just listed as a member- ColinM&

Colin
Sun May 15, 2005, 11:33 AM
Great interaction and as I can tell you folk "Love your Discus".
Thought I was the minority and often going it alone with "Books"
Rather dull x comparison to your experience/advice-Great Site!!

So... Need all the advice I can get- Just got back into Discus after an absence of 10 Years Have 6 Breeding Tanks, 2 x lge water ageing tanks and a Show tank and best of all I get a welcome from all the discus (although I think they are lovin the constant food) little and often.

My discus- 4 Super Reds 14cms, 4 A grade blue diamonds 10-12 cms, 2 14cms royal Greens/cross wild, 2 red spotted greens10cms, 2 rising sun 10cms and others- I have had the best of luck everyone has paired off 5 pair are spawning regularly so you can imagine the constant progress/purchase of tanks equipment (not to mention the water).

I do need though some advice around breeding based on your experience re- Temp, ph, water changes etc.
My breeding tanks are temp 82d, PH 6.5 (tap 7.2) clean bottom, sponge air filters x 2 in each tank, had been doing water changes x bucket till this week now aerated water 24 hrs aquasafe inc at 82d also.
Have lost some wrigglers probably my constant waterchanging/cleaning.
Have had success previous with PH 6.0.

Any advice welcome- P.S on success happy to share some young to assist you, Thanks for the info you provide, the laughs and the similar obsession.

Regards ColinM P.S Email matchc39@hotmail.com :)

Merrilyn
Sun May 15, 2005, 12:25 PM
Hi Colin, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you join us. Love to see some pics of your fish.

Seems like we all share a similar addiction :wink:

Did you ever work for CMC? Think I know you.

Colin
Sun May 15, 2005, 12:28 PM
Hi Colin, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you join us. Love to see some pics of your fish.

Seems like we all share a similar addiction :wink:

Did you ever work for CMC? Think I know you.CMC? Maybe Coles Myer Ltd.

Merrilyn
Sun May 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
That's the one.

Check your PM box :wink:

ctvu
Sun May 22, 2005, 11:24 PM
Hi Colin

Welcome to DF, and welcome back to beautiful world – discus - .
I am sure you will enjoy every min here and be advised by some experts especially LadyRed LR, always quick and accurate advice.
Please keep us informed on your breeding pairs. Any pic would be fantastic!!

ctvu

goldenpigeon
Tue May 24, 2005, 07:20 AM
hi and welcome to DF.com :D