PDA

View Full Version : Nitrofurazone, kanamycin & neomycin

wild_amazon
Fri May 13, 2005, 04:45 AM
Can anyone tell if if we have medications in Australia with these ingridients? It's for bacteria problem for my plecos.

Merrilyn
Fri May 13, 2005, 01:09 PM
I really think the easiest thing to do is to ring your local vet. He will be the one to tell you, or if not available in Australia, the closest thing to them.

wild_amazon
Sat May 14, 2005, 10:37 AM
So they are medications that require prescribtion. I thought I could get them form LFS.

mistakes r crucial
Sat May 14, 2005, 11:43 AM
At least two of the drugs you mentioned have been trialled treating Mico Bacterium (Fish TB), I very much doubt you will find them at your local LFS.
MAC

CKY
Mon May 16, 2005, 11:37 PM
Your able to get neomycin and nitrofurazone in Australia. Neomycin is available through a vet and nitro I haven't looked into. I would try convfentional treatments before going and using these medications. A good vet wouldn't supply you with these meds unless you have tried the appropriate first line treatment first.
Cheers
Andrew

wild_amazon
Tue May 17, 2005, 06:52 AM
I prefer to get a medication from LFS but plecos are very sensitive. Otherwise I would have used Meth Blue or malachite green but there are not well tolerated by plecos.