PDA

View Full Version : Smart fish

DR.V
Thu May 12, 2005, 01:12 PM
Hello, i got a pair of red marlboro here just laid some eggs, its their 3rd spawn. Their 2nd spawn, i caged the eggs and they didnt turn well. All the eggs were white, not fertiled.
Now their 3rd spawn, the female lay the eggs on the bottom of the tank, and spread all over the base. Can the male fertilise the eggs this way ?? how can i syphon the tank ?? when i feed them bloodworms, most of the worms fall onto the bottom and they started to eat them. But when there're eggs, will the eggs get eaten ??

who said fish are dumb ??
hmmm...

Thanks for all opinions

Merrilyn
Thu May 12, 2005, 01:25 PM
Oh dear, if they can think up a way to annoy us, they will.

You would wonder why they would ignore a perfectly good breeding cone, and prefer to lay on the bottom of the tank.

Well just rest assured that they have very good eyesight, and hope they can tell the difference between eggs and worms.

Kaza
Thu May 12, 2005, 11:07 PM
Maybe because you caged their eggs they dont trust the breeding cone now. Or they are paying you out.

I just leave mine I have had them take 15 shots at getting it right. They almost all seem to eat the eggs for the first 1 - 10 times. I have a pair of red Turks at the moment she has laid 3 times he eats them as fast as she lays them.
However the hope is that each time they get a little further on, until finally they have wrigglers. A whole new story starts then.

dreamer
Thu May 12, 2005, 11:12 PM
i will say leave them alone ... dont do anything unnecessary. they spawned few times while in my possesion and the pretty much all the eggs hatched although i didnt raise the brood

DR.V
Fri May 13, 2005, 01:05 AM
yeah i guess the same too, they dont want their eggs being caged again hehehe