PDA

View Full Version : How long PH meter lasts?

wild_amazon
Mon May 09, 2005, 03:12 AM
I have a PH meter that I bought 4-5 years ago. I doesn't seem to be very accurate anymore, even after I calibrate it a week or so later it's out by up to 0.7 ph. Does this sensor has limited life span? I only started using it again after I got few discus a couple of weeks ago and it has been calibrated few times in the last month or so.

leanne31
Mon May 09, 2005, 05:37 AM
Mine did the same so I ditched it if the sensor drys out for too long its no good I was looking at one the other day and I read on it the sensor has a life span of around 12month maybe a little longer if you look after it well

Leanne

wild_amazon
Mon May 09, 2005, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the info Leanne. Pity the sensor is not replaceable. I think I'll get a test kit since I only check the PH every few months. It's pretty stable in my tanks.

leanne31
Mon May 09, 2005, 06:06 AM
I agree if your ph is always stable just get the manuel test kit to keep on hand.

Leanne

Blue
Fri May 13, 2005, 08:26 PM
AS far as conventional test kits go ESHA all in one strips would be a good choiceas they also test GH, KH, Nitrite and nitrate, they take 60 seconds to give your results and you get 25 tests in a pack.
http://www.eshalabs.com/testing.htm
Sorry don't know about availability down under though.

Barry