PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Pro Cannister Filter Cant Get Air Out Need Help

axl
Fri May 06, 2005, 11:26 AM
Hi,
i have just purchased a aqua pro cannister filter and i cant get all the air out of it and i have rang the place where i purchased it and he said just push the button on top and try squeezing the air out of the tube and this will fix it, I tried this but have had no luck, has anyone got 1 of these filters if so can ya please tell me how to get the air out
cheers axl

spencer
Fri May 06, 2005, 12:03 PM
Hi there axl
did you fill it first?
cheers max

axl
Fri May 06, 2005, 12:21 PM
Hey,
yep the filter is full and it keeps making these noises when ya shake the cannister and when its just sitting there, like its trying to get air out

spencer
Fri May 06, 2005, 12:26 PM
Hey axl
Sorry i cant help much
I recently got one of these and when I filled it,it just started

axl
Fri May 06, 2005, 12:30 PM
Hi,
how did you prime it first then, mine is running but every 3 minutes it makes this burst of water like ther eis still air in there and tell me where is your rubber ring placed is it down the bottom, they might be my trouble

spencer
Fri May 06, 2005, 12:41 PM
Hi
I just had a quick web search,mine is the via aqua which I thought was the same,just a name change,but on seeing it ,it looks a bit different. mine has a screw type gadget on top that I just opened and filled up
After that ,it spat a bit of air,then all was well
I have just turned mine off and back on again and more air came out, but working ok
http://www.marineandreef.com/shoppro/filtration_ViaAqua.html

DiscusMad
Fri May 06, 2005, 01:04 PM
ok here is what u do

first turn the tap on the intake off
push the button a few times untill you can't push it then turn the intake on do this untill you have no air bubbles comming out of the out put fronm the pump

leanne31
Fri May 06, 2005, 01:32 PM
Hi Tim I returned your pm but I just wanted to add, you do have the taps open dont you, I know, stupid question but thought I'd ask and that button on top I had to press it heaps sort of like if you were giving CPR. :lol:

Leanne

axl
Fri May 06, 2005, 11:22 PM
Hi,
i dont think i have taps on mine so i cant turn them on or off there is only tubing going straight from intake to filter and out take stragiht tubing to filter, no taps i dont think unless i not doing somthing right
cheers axl

axl
Fri May 06, 2005, 11:32 PM
Also leanne i got the 1500l pe hour 1

leanne31
Sat May 07, 2005, 09:37 AM
Tim my rubber bit is on the tube thats on the inside of the top of the filter. You will have little taps have a closer look on the tubes that connect to the lid of the filter they're like shut off valves let me know how you go.

Leanne

jim from sydney
Sat May 07, 2005, 11:44 AM
Hi axl
I have the same filter. dont panic it is easy. all you have is a little air trapped in your system, hence that funny noise you hear is the little rotor pumping air not water.
try this....

open all the hose valves so that water can flow freely
leave you inlet hose in the water. put your mouth over the filter's outlet hose and suck-in very firmly and as long as you can. this will suck the water through your pump including the air that is trapped. try it a few times but each time put your thumb over the outlet hose so that no backpressure can occur. this does the same as pushing the grey button on top of your pump except sucking firmly is a lot more effectice. DONT CHOKE ON THE WATER. You could also try the button again, but push down hard and firm to make the air go out.
If all fails i would empty the hoses and pump container and start again. If you do make sure the lid is nicely placed on the pump and it seals ok.
There is a third way.........your knowledge of physics would come in handy here.
Instead of sucking on the outlet hose and creating suction, you could take the inlet hose in your hand and stretch the hose vertically over the pump so that any air trapped in the inlet hose will escape through the top of the hose, now VERY SLOWLY lower the inlet hose but keep it upright and watch the water level coming up in the hose to the top of the hose Leave the top of the hose un-obstructed of course for the air to escape. you will have to lower it well below the water level inside the tank by some 300mm or so but that is no worry. When the hose is almost full of water put your thumb on the top to seal the inlet and put hose and hand in the tank BELOW the waterline, fix the inlet pipe to the hose and fix to inside of tank all BELOW the top of the water so that no air will enter into your inlet tube. Switch power on and bingo it should work. Sometimes you might shake the pump A LITTLE ONLY to displace any pockets of air.
One of these suggestions should work for you. Let me know howyou go
Be patience....it works....Jim

leanne31
Wed May 11, 2005, 02:54 AM
How did you go with your filter axl got it going yet.
I checked that rubber for you you've got yours in the right spot.
They can be hard to get going but once you have you'll be fine.

Leanne

axl
Wed May 11, 2005, 03:23 AM
Hey,
yeah i finally got it going woooh i ended up pulling it all apart and starting again and the second time it worked straight away so everything is running sweet
thanks for all ya help
cheers axl

leanne31
Wed May 11, 2005, 03:27 AM
glad to hear it axl maybe you just did something wrong the first time round but doesnt matter now alls well that ends well.

Leanne