PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried (update)

chrissyoscar
Mon May 02, 2005, 10:42 AM
I've recently put my Red Turq in a breeding tank. Since she's been in there (4 days) she's had very dark stress bars and isn't eating. Well she actually goes to eat but keeps spitting everything back out again. before moving her I did think she wasn't as active as normal. Could she be coming down with something or is this normal behavier due to the move. My male is very active and eats like a pig, he's a little shy but that's about it. The move doesn't seem to have bothered him much.

Thanks.. Oscar

dddd68sg
Mon May 02, 2005, 01:22 PM
some takes longer to adapt to new enviro but other takes shorter.

Merrilyn
Mon May 02, 2005, 02:13 PM
Keep an eye on her Oscar. She should begin to improve in a few days. Any sign of white poos or any flicking against objects in the tank, let us know.

chrissyoscar
Tue May 03, 2005, 05:48 AM
Thank for the replys.

My problem is I worry to much. I'll keep an eye on her but you're probably right and she needs time to settle down again.

Oscar

chrissyoscar
Tue May 10, 2005, 03:24 PM
Just a quick update on my Red Turq.
She's still a little shy and eating very little. Her color isn't too bad but she still has dark stress bars. The other day I noticed her swimming against the pot and today she did it twice. What could this be?

Thanks.. Oscar

Ben
Wed May 11, 2005, 12:55 AM
Oscar,
My first guess it is either body or gill flukes,
If you need any prazi give me a buzz, i will be home this afternoon.

Ben

chrissyoscar
Wed May 11, 2005, 01:52 AM
Thanks for that Ben

I was actually thinking that might be it and was hoping somebody can confirm it as a possibility or suggest anything else that could be causing it. I'm going to work soon so I wont be able to pop over today.
I'll send you a PM.

Thanks.. Oscar

Merrilyn
Wed May 11, 2005, 05:12 AM
Flukes is a strong possibility. Does she swim pu to the pot, then quickly scrape her body, almost like a flicking motion. The other thing to look for is the gill area. Is she breathing rapidly, or seem to be breathing out of only one gill.

If so, it would be a good idea to do a course of prazi before you consider breeding.

chrissyoscar
Wed May 11, 2005, 10:51 PM
Does she swim pu to the pot, then quickly scrape her body, almost like a flicking motion.

Hi Merilyn that's exactly what she does. I've only seen her do it a few times but that's it.
I've checked her breathing and that looks normal as far as I can tell she's breathing from both gills. She also doesn't seem to be breathing rapidly. Also all the poo in the tank is a redish brown color, no white poos.
Bens going to give me some Prazi so I'll try that. Should I also raise the temp to 32c and add salt?.

Thanks for your help.. Oscar