PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Hikari Black Worms

Dee
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 03:35 PM
Hi All,

I was at my LFS the other day and saw Frozen Hikari Tubifex Worms - BioPure. Has anybody used these ? are they safe ? Just thought I'd ask :)

Cheers,

Dee :)

DR.V
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 02:24 AM
I think hikari brand is the best. They had 3 steps of sterilisation

dreamer
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 04:23 AM
tubifex < > black worm

Ben
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 04:52 AM
Hi Dee,
I use them from time to time, one thing they are very thin, small tubifex. Great for young discus.

cheers,
Ben

Ps keep a look out for the spiralina inriched brineshrimp by hikari, i have yet to find and use it

wild_amazon
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 08:47 AM
I thought tubifex is a no no.

Dee
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 09:08 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the reply's ... Like Wild_Amazon, I thought Tubifex Worms are not a great idea for feeding discus. I was wondering if because they go through the Hikari "BioPure" process ... same as the BloodWorms , whether they would be ok to feed ? Just intrested :)

Cheers,

Dee :)

Merrilyn
Fri Apr 22, 2005, 09:27 AM
It's not so much the tubifex worms themselves that are a problem. It's the pathogens that they carry.

Hikari have an excellent name in fish foods. I would think they have found a way to render the worms safe to feed.

Discus love tubifex, so I'm glad to hear someone is producing a safe product.

chris
Tue Apr 26, 2005, 01:46 PM
I think I saw a packet of these in my LFS,
Are the packed in a clear wraper with a Discus on the Front.
And the portions look like a chocolate block :?:

ctvu
Tue Apr 26, 2005, 10:01 PM
I am not so sure what caused my fish Fin Rot atm, but they've been fed purely with that product Frozen Hikari Tubifex Worms. The other tanks I feed them with different food Colour bit and other stuff NOT Hikari BW, and the fish are OK. So thought I would like to add.

ctvu