PDA

View Full Version : To whom it may concern

ctvu
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 01:54 AM
Hi all

Thought I’d share my idea:
As we – Melbournee - all know we are in cold season now like last night and the night before the temp dropped down dramatically 8° at night. The night before my tanks – in the garage - varied from 28° to 25° at night that might stress our fish. So I thought I would have to do some thing about it, I went to the Insulation wholesale in Braeside I bought a roll of Foil Alum. Insulation very cheap $1.00 a meter and I cut it to the size of the tank in order to cover it. And Vou la this morning I checked the temp all tanks stay the same temp. It could save your electricity bill, I guess and perhaps it could be used during medication to keep the temp stable.
I don’t know yet the down side; please let us know if you find any

Cheers

ctvu

wild_amazon
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 05:54 AM
Not exactly down side but if you put few lights and bring in a boombox it will be like a disco dance room. :lol: :lol:
I have seen a discus shed that was covered by styro foam on the inside, very effective I think. Will be much better to have insulation than none I would think, even in summer it won't get too hot and you can leave the door open in the evening. $1 a metre is very cheap, how thick is it?

Mattzilla
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 06:19 AM
great idea!

Merrilyn
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 12:28 PM
now that's an idea worth sharing. Thanks ctvu.

ctvu
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 10:18 PM
now that's an idea worth sharing. Thanks ctvu.

Hi Ladyred

You're quite welcome. I thought my contribution is nothing at all compare to the other especially your great help around here.

Wild amazon

I can't remember how thick or what grade it is. But it was 5m long x 1.70m wide only $5.00 and does the job well which is main thing.

ctvu

DIY
Tue Apr 26, 2005, 08:35 AM
Hi ctvu,

Braeside is not far from me - can you tell me the name of place you purchased the insulation from?

Thanks

ctvu
Tue Apr 26, 2005, 12:32 PM
Hi Diy

It is Insulation Wholesalers P/L
17 Tarnard Drv Braeside
9587 3154

ctvu

DIY
Tue Apr 26, 2005, 02:11 PM
Thanks ctvu,

I'll go there this week and see what they have