PDA

View Full Version : came home to this today ....

Jonesy
Mon Apr 18, 2005, 09:18 AM
i have had these super reds for about 3-4 months now ...
for the last 2-3 weeks thay have been showing signs that thay were ready to spwan... this is my 2nd spwan... my last pair spwaned once and then thay died.. but never mind

im not shore if i have 2 females or male and female i guess time will tell ... here are some photos...
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

i got these fish from sls...

flukes
Mon Apr 18, 2005, 09:56 AM
Very nice fish!! congrats on the spawn too they will be a great bunch of fry... Have too make sure you send some my way...

weird
Mon Apr 18, 2005, 10:27 AM
Wow, very very nice. Spectactular fish ! Congrats on the eggs.

Merrilyn
Mon Apr 18, 2005, 02:27 PM
Jonsey they are gorgeous. I love them. But why, oh why do they always pick the filter intake pipe :lol:

Sometimes I think we should throw away our spawning cones and just let them have lots of intake pipes. LOL

Jonesy
Tue Apr 19, 2005, 07:39 AM
lol... i know always the fillter intake for there frist time ....

i just turned my canaster fillter so hopefely i get some fri out of the 150 eggs...

Mattzilla
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 02:44 AM
good luck with them mate! awesome pair you got there...

keep me posted if they hatch...and keep the pics coming

Ben
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 03:39 AM
supa dupa jonesy!
The parents look great!
keep us posted on developments!

Cheers,
Ben

Jonesy
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 07:35 AM
thanks all .. its been a wile since i have had eggs ... how long should thay take to hatch.. its been 48 hours and half the eegs are gone eatten i think ... but i can see something very small moving on a few if the eegs that are left... plus the eegs are a wight clear colour ... does this mean firtle or not .. thanks agian for your help...

flukes
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 08:49 AM
should be about 48 hours, you should be starting too see the wrigglers...

Merrilyn
Wed Apr 20, 2005, 11:13 AM
White eggs are not fertile, but it sounds like you are seeing some wrigglers amongst the infertile eggs. Just keep watching. It will be another 2 -3 days before they are free swimming.

Jonesy
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 07:05 AM
well i have some good news and some bad ...

i was able to comferm that i have a male and feamle .. because in the morning i saw about 8 little tails in the eggs that i had left ... the bad news is that when i got home from work thay were all gone ....

i thought this might happen due to the fact that i have read in this forum it can take up to 10 spwans before that decide to raise fri..

i am just going to keep my fingers crossed for next time

thanks agian for all your help ... be shoure to see more photos of my fire engine red discus in the neer future with little baby discus feeding of them...

Merrilyn
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 10:00 AM
Well, the best part about it Jonesy is that you have a mated pair and a fertile male. It's just a matter of time now before you see fry in your tank.

kevkoi
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 07:31 AM
:lol: What'd I say? PAIR.... Now time to set up a breeding tank for your melons.

flukes
Wed Apr 27, 2005, 08:58 AM
Damn nice fish Kev, where's my nice melons?? :x