PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS IT?

j fish
Sat Mar 27, 2004, 11:35 PM
:( :( Somebody tell me something,PLEASE! My little red marlbro,had developed little clear spots on its fins and body about two days ago,at frist
i guessed that it was the dreaded ick and took the necessary actions.ie:temp,isolation,ick meds. but nothing changed, she's not eatting like she use to and seems to swim one of her fins crimped against her body. I'm at my witts end. also it seems that now my 2inch cobolt has come down with the same thing :shock: This is in my dedicated tank in which I have 4 wild greens and a pegion blood, I have not the nerve for trial and error, I pray that with your ocean of knowledge that someone can help me save my babies :cry: [/u]

Proteus
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 12:00 AM
Where are you from... that will help if any med's are required...

For the moment, make sure the temp is 29-30c and try adding some aquarium salt... (there is a post in Illness & Medications which may help)

Annie
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 08:20 AM
Ich cannot survive in a tank that has a consistant temp of 86 Degrees Farenheit /26.5 Degrees Celsius.
What Meds are/have you been using?
Another thing, What are your tank pars...Ph? Ammonia? NitrITES, NitrATES?
In general the start of all issues with an ill fish is the water water quality. So, knowing what the tanks pars are will help tremdously.

flukes
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 08:43 AM
Clear spots?? Ick is normally a bright shite, well this is what mine looked like and was cleared by raising the temp and adding rapid white remover. Although if i had the salt on hand i would have used the salt method.
The only other thing i can think of that would cause spots is ammonia burns, so check you pars, and make sure everthing is in order. Ive seen many people say there was a little ammonia but nothing to worry about. This is not correct any ammonia is aomething to worry about. I have a bottle of ammonia at home that i use for fishless cycling and when i smelt that is showed me how awful this stuff is.
If ammonia is in check, try taking some pictures if you can so we know what we are looking at.

Cheers
Scott

IKeepFish
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 09:07 AM
Hi J Fish,

Could be flukes ??
Have you got a photo ?
Fin clamping is a usual symptom of flukes.
"clear" spots ??
Do you mean small "White" "spots" or more like
opaque "blotches" ( OOdinium ).

As Proteus has already suggested ..
First course of action is increase temp and add salt.

We need more info to correctly identify the problem before suggesting further treatments.

Regards,
IKeepFish