PDA

View Full Version : wow.... in the family way

poppy
Sat Apr 16, 2005, 02:48 AM
over the past 6 weeks i have had 2 sick discus (HITH) which didnt make it despite treating them with flagl etc.......RIP

One week after my last fish was euthanased I discovered last nite the 2 larger were spawning......... I am very excited as I havent been trying or wanting breeding in particular as I thought it would be too hard.

They are very attentive and are blowing and protecting eggs, they are not agressive towards me or the other fish, just gently making sure they keep their distance. There are only about 6 white eggs to 100 + healthy looking ones.

I know they will not survive in community tank......... or is there a way of making a mesh or divider to protect them from the other 2 discus, and I suppose I could remove all the tetras for a while??

Im stoked to have a breeding pair........

please tell me what to expect

thanks

poppy

goldenpigeon
Sat Apr 16, 2005, 04:03 AM
congrats poppy! good on ya!!!!

no they wont survive in a community tank. if you wanted to you could try the divider but it will have to be glass and remove the tetras ect. unless you had a divider i wouldnt bother as they will most likely eat their eggs. wowever they should have more in about a weeks time.

perhaps you should look at getting a breeding tank and set it up. DONT BE RUSHED!!!! it will do the pair good to spawn in the community tank a couple of times maybe 3-6 so you have plenty of time.

good luck with the fry!