PDA

View Full Version : Colour

DR.V
Fri Apr 15, 2005, 02:48 PM
Hello , I had a pair of discus in one tank few days ago. Apparently, the male just died few days ago (ladyred know best about this :P). On that that, i did 50% water change and i added meth blue and some sea salt.
Until now, its already 5 days ( Saturday ) , i do 50% water changes every day, and not adding anything except pH down.

Now, the female loses its colour. It used to have a brilliant blue colour and now its getting darker and pale. But the fish seems to be healthy, eating normaly and moving a lot.

Can anyone help me ? I dont want to lose the female as well ...
This is my fave pair ....

Merrilyn
Fri Apr 15, 2005, 11:12 PM
Can you get a picture. I'm not quite sure what you mean by darker and pale. It could just be a reaction to the meds, or the fact thact that she is now alone in the tank (discus really do prefer company). If she still appears healthy and eating normally, I don't see much of a problem.

goldenpigeon
Fri Apr 15, 2005, 11:23 PM
are you aging your water first? if using ph down i advise to age water especially if your tapwater has a high ph. are you sure you are putting the right amount in? you might be bombing your tank with all the acid. this will make them very unhappy and can kill them quick. if you are not aging water stop using the ph down. the last time i was in sydney the water was about 7.6-7.8 i think (over cristmas).

what may be the problem is the tank is never stablised enough before the next water change and dose of ph down. and with the ph fluctuation so much with water changes this will make them very stressed.

could you get back to us with tank details?
hope this helped

DR.V
Sat Apr 16, 2005, 05:58 AM
hoho ... everything is fine now ...
I put the female discus into my big tank with other young discus and i added sera aquatan anti stress and its fine now :p Thanks for your opinions