PDA

View Full Version : life downunder

tacks
Sat Mar 27, 2004, 09:03 PM
I live in sunny Fla where it is green all year round we have no real change of seasons the land is very flat average temperture is 77 the ocean water temperture in are summers is 83 but what is life like downunder do most people on this site live inthe country or the citys what is your weather like and etc. thanks tacks

kevkoi
Sat Mar 27, 2004, 11:04 PM
We all live out in the bush, have kangaroos running around eveywhere and we kill/hunt for crocs to pass time... :lol:

Oh, and we all also stand on our heads.... :P
...kidding...

Proteus
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 12:06 AM
A lot of the areas inhabitated down here are very similar to FL... same sort of seasons, humidity, etc... although we dont get the Hurricanes you guys do coming off the Gulf... although the bottom 1/3 - 1/4 is a little different, a lot more mild and temperate...

If you look at a map, Cairns in Queensland is basically the same distance from the equator as Miami is and Brisbane is likewise with Orlando...

:wink:

tacks
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 12:23 AM
thanks for the reply I am amazed that I am interacting with people so far away the inter net is so amazing to me again thanks for your reply I so much enjoy this site tacks

flukes
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 12:52 AM
Well iam from melbourne (south coast) and weather is nothing near stable around here. Our weather forecasts are like a joke around here. We can go from bueatiful 35c no wind too the next day 22 raining and gail force winds. Apart from that tornato's are very uncommon and earth quakes because of where we are on the plates, are no existant.
I live about 50km from the city in a suburb that is called "the second city" so it is very populated and no we dont have kangaroo's in our backyards, but if i drive for about 1 hour or 2 east what most people think of australia is what its like.
Melbourne is based around a bay, with the city at the top. Its seems the east side of the bay is alot more developed than the west side.
The summers here seem to be getting worse i think this summer we had maybe 4-5 good beach days and the rest were just mildly warm at 26-28c.
But i think if you do visit Australia you need to visit a few states, because every state is different (like most countries).

Scott

AdelaideAnt
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 01:09 AM
Adelaides weather is becoming all the more tropical for some reason. It seems to be humid all the time but no rain. Our weather has also been unstable ranging from 32 oC to 23 oC, although i think we are lucky in Adelaide as we never get Cyclones or flooding like in must other states.

Anthony 8)

PS: Weather variations in Australia from state to state is quite dramatic