PDA

View Full Version : cleaning resun cannister filter

mikalli
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 06:33 AM
hi all was just wondering on how regular to clean my external cannister filter.and in what steps do i clean your help would be appreciated as am confused have been running for about one month now.im also runninig a totem internal filter .which does very well to . :?

pitchblack
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 08:00 AM
i clean my filter out every 6 months. The only suggestion I give you is if your using a totally biological setup, then change half your noodles with new ones, and give the chambers a wash out with tank water not under the tap you will kill the bacteria..

mikalli
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 11:40 AM
thanks for your help

Merrilyn
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 11:44 AM
I only clean my filters once every three to six months too. Rinse the internal media in a bucket of old tank water, and replace the filter floss. Sponges can be squeezed and re-used. Don't be too vigorous with cleaning anything, just a quick rinse. You don't want to destroy your bio filtration.

Pitchblack, do you replace half your noodles each time? Is that to seed another filter, or do you have another reason.

pitchblack
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 12:38 PM
yeah to seed other filters that im in the process of starting up... breeding room project