PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne shops selling Altums?

angel101
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 02:45 PM
As the title suggests, does anyone know of any Melbourne stores selling Altum Angels?

Regards Gary.

discusriver
Tue Jul 02, 2013, 09:05 PM
Ask your local Lfs to ask aquarium industries they have wild caught altums and German breed tank raised.regards Lawrence

angel101
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 08:52 AM
Ask your local Lfs to ask aquarium industries they have wild caught altums and German breed tank raised.regards Lawrence

Thanks for that lawrence. Do you have any idea what they are selling for re juvenile and or adult sizes?

Gary

discusriver
Wed Jul 03, 2013, 09:11 PM
Sorry there where no adults avaliable.they we 6 cm from memory,ask your Lfs to contact aquarium industries as they sell wholesale only.regards lawrence

BobbyBruce
Thu Jul 04, 2013, 08:26 AM
Hi Angel 101,

If you google "aquarium industries" their site will be the first one to come up. You can then access the current stock list. At the moment they have both Peru and Altum angels in stock.

You can use the "store locator" on the site to find your closest aquarium industries retailer.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bob

angel101
Sat Jul 06, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hi Angel 101,

If you google "aquarium industries" their site will be the first one to come up. You can then access the current stock list. At the moment they have both Peru and Altum angels in stock.

You can use the "store locator" on the site to find your closest aquarium industries retailer.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob. I will get my local aquarium (Boronia) to give them a ring tomorrow.

angel101
Wed Jul 10, 2013, 12:56 PM
Well I got four on order, arriving on Friday. Would have preferred a larger group, but these were very expensive, more than I anticipated. And I know how much these fish can be!

angel101
Fri Jul 12, 2013, 02:15 PM
Took delivery of my fish on Friday. Very impressed with quality and they fed after only an hour or so in the tank. I heard that Aquarium Industries had 80, less my four.

angel101
Mon Oct 27, 2014, 12:07 PM
Having a look around the shops today, there seems to be something of a glut of Altum's in Melbourne shops, with two having large numbers of fish. Both were selling the real McCoy and they were healthy looking fish. One shop had tank bred and the other wild caught. What a change from times past.

ILLUSN
Wed Oct 29, 2014, 05:37 AM
can you post details of the shops?
I wouldn't mind some new stock

angel101
Wed Oct 29, 2014, 09:41 AM
Hi mate. I pmed you. Let me know if you received it. I experienced some problems.

Gary.

Nathan
Thu Oct 30, 2014, 01:11 PM
subscape in richmond have peruvian and true orinoco altums all wild caught, absolutely stunning. Ive bought 5 peruvians from them they were german bred they are all doing great (from a previous shipment). Want to buy orinoco but dont have a big enough tank. Theyve got some nice discus, usually have wilds in stock as well.

subscape is a good half hour drive for me but i wouldnt go anywhere else, great staff amazing display tanks, a must for planted tank enthusiasts like myself!!

angel101
Sat Aug 29, 2015, 12:26 PM
Just a quick heads up. for those who may be looking. Greensborough have large German tank bred Altums in stock. New Life have small wild caught and Sub Scape have very small German tank bred fish in.