PDA

View Full Version : Am I being paranoid?

Katie
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 09:44 AM
I have been staring very closely at my fish today and am wondering if one is starting to get sick. He always had a good appetite but today when all the other discus were trying to mug me for food, he dashed away and hid behind some weed at the back of the tank. Also his colour is a bit darker then yesterday. While he did come out and forage after I had moved away from the tank, he didn't actually eat anything. I checked my water parameters and they are all normal and have done a 50% wc instead of my normal 30%. What I am getting paranoid about is his head seems to be narrower then the others and he hasn't put on anywhere near as much weight as the others (who are now leaning towards fat). Should I be worried and if so what action should I take?

leanne31
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 10:23 AM
Discus can all have growth spurts at different times I would keep a close eye on him for a couple of days and see if he starts eating any better then just look for any other symptons like white poo etc and let us know how things go.

Leanne

Merrilyn
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 01:33 PM
It's possible this little guy is carrying a worm burden. It would probably be a good idea to worm the tank, with something like Aquamaster Gill Fluke and Tapeworm Tablets.