PDA

View Full Version : Water preperation.

Benno
Wed Apr 06, 2005, 11:25 PM
Hey guys i was just wondering how does everyone prepare theyre water that they are adding to there discus tank before the water changes. I was just wondering if the only thing you guys add to the water is just conditioner to remove chorine and chloramine. because i have a big 200 litre drum that i could prepeare water in for when i get my discus tank. Thanx guys benno

leanne31
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 05:11 AM
Hi benno I have a 2ooltr drum I store my water in which I keep in my laundry with a heater and a airstone running in it, I add dechlorinator to it to remove the chlorine and chloramine and then leave it for at least 24 hrs then its fine to use :lol:

Leanne

Benno
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 08:56 AM
Thanx Leeanne that was the info i was after, Hey your a fellow south australian, i was just wondering where do you get ure discus from and also how do you treat our adelaide water before you use it on your discus, do you do anythng else apart from dechlorinating it. Cheerz Benno

leanne31
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 10:18 AM
I only dechlorinate it but once its in my tank I also add geo liquid to it which is suppose to take out any nasties but Im seriously thinking of getting a ro unit as our tap water is really bad and about the fish read yur other post. :lol:

Leanne

Benno
Thu Apr 07, 2005, 12:11 PM
Thanx heaps leeanne you have been a big help. benno

wild_amazon
Fri Apr 08, 2005, 01:51 AM
I use 200 liter drum to age water and add seachem prime to remove chlorine and chloromine. Also have a small internal filter for circulation.

Benno
Sat Apr 09, 2005, 11:38 AM
Thanx for the replies guys, Geez everyone is so helpful on this site, It is actually one of my fave sites now belive it or not, keep up the good work guys. Benno