PDA

View Full Version : treating my community tank with prazi..questions....

Rossco
Sun Apr 03, 2005, 12:53 AM
I have an undergravel filter ,cory's and tetra's and 8 discus.
Would doing the normal dose of prazi in my tank be ok on my bio system,gravel bed/canister filter?

I will remove the 3 cory's as i think the meds might kill em.

Or would it be better to remove all the 8 discus into a hospital tank with an air stone?

I am just worried if i remove em to a hospital tank,treat em 2 times,that when i return them to the main tank they will get infested again.

What do you all think is the better way to do this?

I dont know if worms/flukes need a host,if i remove the discus from the main tank will the parasites die due to not having a host to live on?

I would prefer to dose my hole tank,your thoughts plz,after i read some replys i will get to work on it.

And yes my discus are all rubbing and fling themselfs of plants and gravel.Flukes i guess,afew discus are showing signs of flared gills and very heavy breathing.They do scratch themselfs alot.

Rossco
Sun Apr 03, 2005, 12:56 AM
Also after the first dose and after 48 hours should i do a gravel vac?
Assuming i decide to treat the community tank.

leanne31
Sun Apr 03, 2005, 02:39 AM
I dosed my community tank with no problems at all but I do suggest maybe taking the catfish out as they feed off the bottom so would get a higher dose of the medication and yeah def do a gravel vac after the meds.

Leanne

Rossco
Sun Apr 03, 2005, 02:49 AM
Thx Leanne for that info,i will get to work on it now.

leanne31
Sun Apr 03, 2005, 02:53 AM
all your filters etc will be fine do a wc and vac after the 48 hours and then redose and repeat the same after 7 days.

Leanne

Rossco
Sun Apr 03, 2005, 03:40 AM
thx much,i will do all that you said.