PDA

View Full Version : resun cannister AE 808

mikalli
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 07:24 AM
:? hi there i have a resun ae808 cannister filter.am just wondering how often to clean and do i have to clean all the tubing .and hoses .do i take all of the filter medias out and clean.mine has the bio balls at bottom.ceramic noodles.and then a black sponge.and on the top a white sponge.is this right .not running the carbon that was supplied.havent cleaned yet as have heard so many different ways.very concerned .hope somebody can advise me.

kkiu
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 07:39 AM
Perhaps you should swap the positions of the black sponge and the white filter wool becase the water flows from top to bottom and back into the tank.

I clean the tubing when they start spitting out icky gunk.

Cleaning the filter depends on the bioload of the tank. Perhaps once every 4-6weeks as a general guideline.

:)

mikalli
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 07:47 AM
thanks for your advice

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 08:12 AM
Don't be too thorough with your cleaning. That's the home of your biological filtration so you don't want to disturb it too much. Just give your bio balls and noodles a quick rinse in a bucket of old tank water (def not tap water) and replace the fine sponge or rinse it well in the bucket and put it back in your filter.

mikalli
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 08:15 AM
is that done weekly or monthly

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 08:20 AM
Monthly is fine - or if you're real nawty like me, you can do it every two months :oops:

mikalli
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 08:26 AM
thanks once again ladyred