PDA

View Full Version : white spot

mikalli
Mon Mar 28, 2005, 12:32 PM
hi there was wondering if someone could help me.have a 650 litre tank with seven discus in it .and two clown loaches.have removed clown loaches into a hospital tank.and treated with methylene blue.they are doing fine.i took my main tank up to 31 degrees and turned lights off and covered tank with blankets to darken tank for two days.have now taken off blankets and resumed back to normal.have noticed that one of the flying foxes is rubbing arond glass and being very active and rubbing in the gravel.im thinking it might have the ich disease to.my discus look great and are eating well.they have no sign of white spot.am concerned as dont want them to cach it.didnt use methylene blue due to staining as i have seen what it has done to my hospital tank.have heard of so many differrent remedies .

mikalli
Mon Mar 28, 2005, 01:18 PM
hi there was wondering if someone could help me.have a 650 litre tank with seven discus in it .and two clown loaches.have removed clown loaches into a hospital tank.and treated with methylene blue.they are doing fine.i took my main tank up to 31 degrees and turned lights off and covered tank with blankets to darken tank for two days.have now taken off blankets and resumed back to normal.have noticed that one of the flying foxes is rubbing arond glass and being very active and rubbing in the gravel.im thinking it might have the ich disease to.my discus look great and are eating well.they have no sign of white spot.am concerned as dont want them to cach it.didnt use methylene blue due to staining as i have seen what it has done to my hospital tank.have heard of so many differrent remedies .need help

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 12:08 AM
Hi mikalli and welcome to the forum. There is an excellent post here about using heat and salt to eradicate white spot. Not sure how your flying fox will react to the treatment. Might be an idea to remove him to the hospital tank and treat him conventionally.

White spot is rarely seen in discus because of the high temperature of our tanks. Your discus can safely go to 32 - 33 degrees without any ill effects.

mikalli
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 12:54 AM
thanks for your information.how much aquarium salt do i use .as was told discus arent to fond of salt .and how long do i oleave temp up .also do i turn light off and keep tank in darkness by wrapping blankets arond.

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 04:16 AM
Sorry, forgot to attach the link (I'm still on my "L" plates when it comes to computers)

Try this
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=218

that should give you all the information you need.

mikalli
Tue Mar 29, 2005, 06:09 AM
thankyou will go and have a look