PDA

View Full Version : huge out door tank

DiscusMad
Sat Mar 26, 2005, 03:03 PM
http://www.wizardscave.com/aquarium.html

I like it but I think it will still get too cold in sydney during winter and the cost of heating it :shock:

Fishpimpin73
Sat Mar 26, 2005, 05:45 PM
That is AWESOME!

As far as heating goes.......

Yeah even with the geothermal trough that he built I doubt that something like that is feasable where I live either.

I don't really like the shape of the tank..........

But is was VERY well done and Looks GREAT!

goldenpigeon
Sat Mar 26, 2005, 10:02 PM
it was fantastic but i myself would have done it a bit differently. i didnt think the tanks shape was not that good and i couldnt exactly tell but i think it was getting to much sunlight. i would have put it undercover in a patio

Proteus
Sat Mar 26, 2005, 11:52 PM
personally a big wrap around tank would have been my preffered option, with an underground access point to get to the middle... have that area decked out with a bar fridge, a reclining massage chair on a revolving disk... now that my friends would be heaven (in a climate controlled facility of course)

goldenpigeon
Sun Mar 27, 2005, 12:54 AM
um.... yer and how many multi-millions do you have?

LOL

yer if you ever got that i would be your new best friend!!!

Proteus
Sun Mar 27, 2005, 01:00 AM
new best friend.... lol

multi-millions.... mmmmm maybe a couple of thousand as I have seriously looked at such a set up, and am currently in the process of planning a majorly big tank for my Bala sharks...

refer - Project Bala (http://www.ausfishforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4430)

a tank such as what I previously suggested wouldnt be that hard at all (square or rectangular only, round would cost a mint)

kalebjarrod
Sun Mar 27, 2005, 10:35 PM
his heating system is about excatly what i am doing for my storage tanks give or take

what a legend, he has more valves on his tanks than me!

although having it outside seems a waste, i would have had that in my lounge!