PDA

View Full Version : SUNSHINE DISCUS

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:53 PM
I finnally got my tank to the stage i though i could insert some new Discus

so on a road trip i went to the sunny city of brisvegus, to see Rod Lewis from sunshine discus.

lovely guy, he painstacinlly talked me through some of my misconception with my first tank so when i saw him selling some new fish "bingo"

great setup the guys has, we opened the door to the fish room and a huge puff of warm air hit your face abd i started to get excited, opened the door o see a room of fish, WOW very nice and some of the biggest discus i have ever seen. They where as bigg as my outstreched hand.

so when the excitment of this went away Rod asked " do you want to see next door as well?"

another room full of the little guys, any way, i grabed 6 new discus, my mate grabed 2 and we drove home very happy. All the fish where double bagged, oxygened, we took the time to get the fish i wanted etc etc great service

THANKS ROD FOR SHOWING US AROUND I AM REALLY HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:55 PM
more pics

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 08:57 PM
last one

Mattzilla
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 09:32 PM
some nice looking fish....but hey, you wouldn't expect anything less from rod.

looking forward to paying him a visit next time i hit the gold coast

matt

goldenpigeon
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 10:17 PM
which discus did you get Ryan??? does he still have any high fin blue diamonds? can we see some of your new fish? pics?

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 10:56 PM
yeah i got two of those, go to

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1603&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=60

thats my new fish, best pics i have so far, as i get some better ones tonight i will post :wink:

goldenpigeon
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 11:26 PM
how is PRINCESS BJ !!!!!!
hahahahaha lol. im glad i dont have any1 wanting to name my fish. it would drive me mental!!!

i hate it how your favorite fish or a very prized fish ends up with the name "BARBIE" even when the namer knows the fish is a male! its only happened to me once. thank god!!! LOL

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 11:32 PM
the trick was thought of by flukes

get them to name a fish, then when you need more equipment or "coolstuff" just say

"If we don't Princess BJ will die :cry: "

bingo, and the winner is................................ LOL

goldenpigeon
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 11:36 PM
lol yer i was reading that post not long ago. problem is i dont have a wife, or a girlfriend infact i havnt even moved out of my mums place!

DUH!!!! IM ONLY 14 LOL :lol:

and ive already taught my mum to much to pull a doozy like that :lol:
mayb in a couple of years time lol :lol:

kalebjarrod
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 11:39 PM
Good one david

LOL, mums are way to smart for those childish pranks

goldenpigeon
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 11:43 PM
yer i would know lol

wild_amazon
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 06:41 AM
I need help to identify 2 fish of the same strain. They are on the 2nd last picture posted on this thread. The picture size is 74.15K.
Can anyone tell me what the third fish from the left and the third fish from the right are. I think they are the same strain. Are they blue discus?

kalebjarrod
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 08:56 AM
red turqs i think

sunshinediscus
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 09:46 AM
Hi Wild Amazon, those 2 fish are red turquoise x wild brown. They are sisters.

Rod

wild_amazon
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 11:22 AM
Rod, I like the colour. I thas nice brown/red base.

I really like this fish that I saw during holiday. It's probably brown with very nice shape. Rod, do you have similar fish? Probably close to the red truq x wild brown.

sunshinediscus
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 12:58 PM
Wild amazon, i breed this line of discus from time to time, they are a hybrid discus but i think fairly close to the wild look.

wild_amazon
Thu Apr 14, 2005, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the pictures Rod.
Very nice fish. My tank will be ready in two weeks.
Still can't decide the red turq x wild brown or red turq x alenquer.
But both are nice.