Gumby
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hers the pic sorry

ivo
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 12:33 PM
I don't think it is a blue Turk.

Gumby
Thu Oct 20, 2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks ivo, that was my suspicion, if some one could confirm this or is this fish too young yet ?
Cheers,G

boxters
Fri Oct 21, 2011, 05:59 AM
Its definitely not a turk, although it has some turk patterning in the head. I would say it is a turk cross. Probably with a leopard or rsg. Although the bars are feint it looks like 9 bars which would suggest leopard cross. Not a very good specimen. The colour is washed out, very pointy head, head to eye ratio not good, suggests stunting. Egg like shaped body, uneven pattern. Although not a quality fish it appears to be healthy

Gumby
Fri Oct 21, 2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks for that Boxter, The colours are better than the photo shows, i had suspicions this wasn't a Turk, the bars are alot darker at times.
I am not very impressed with the retailer i bought this fish from as a Blue Turk, i will not be returning to that store ever again !
Thanks for the comment on the fishes condition, i do take pride in caring and feeding of my animals.
These were my first tester Discus, and now thank you Boxter i know excactly what to look for when i buy next week for my future breeders.
Cheers, Scotty