PDA

View Full Version : Fungus eggs?

Ben
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:57 AM
I am going a bit crazy with the pics at the moment as i just borrowed a digital camera!
But seriously, I have in other post that i have a proven pair of blue diamonds. They laid 200+ eggs but 95 % went fungus.
Would this mean that the fungus eggs were not fertile or could the fungus spread across all the eggs even the fertile ones?
As you can see i have a cage around the eggs to stop the pair from eating them. from one good thing it could mean 1 bad thing as the parents are not close enough to "fan" them and eat any ones that go fungus.
My question is, Would it be benificial to squirt some meth blue over the eggs say 4 hours after they have been laid? Or is this a waist of time and the eggs were not fertile anyway?

cheers,
Ben

Ben
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 11:20 PM
Here are some pics of a pair of ocean greens with thier eggs.
more than 1/2 of the eggs hatched this morning.

Sean
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 02:30 AM
Hi Ben

I know that some people are not in favour of methylene blue - but I use it religiously for exactly this and have never have any probs with the bacteria dying in the filter. Use at 1/2 the dose recommended on the bottle - once you have solved your fungus prob - then you can work out if fertile or not.
Good luck with it
Sean

Ben
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 07:20 AM
more of a close up......

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 12:00 PM
Great news Ben, and good looking fish :wink: