PDA

View Full Version : Yep, its another Aussie

Katie
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 04:45 AM
Hey, just wanted to say a big hello to everyone :D :D
I thought it was about time I register, since I have been lurking around for quite awhile now.
I am currently prepareing (spelling is terrible I know) to buy my very first discus. I have kept various freshwater species for nearly ten years now, but have only just worked up the courage to attempt the king of all fishes.

This is a very informative forum. Thanks guys.
Katie

ps, Tank specs
400 L, 4 ft heavy planted tank. Running on 2 2215 Eheim cannister filters (one on spray bar) 2 250 watt heaters (one as back up), 200 watts Sfiligoi
pendant.
Also using Seachem fert for plants ( excel, fe, and flourish) every second day
ph: 6.5
temp : 29 degrees
also using seachem discus trace to get water nice for discus (Don't know if anyone else is using this WITH discus so if anyone is can they let me know if its good or a waste of time)

leanne31
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:27 AM
Hi Katie good to have you join us you've come to the right place for all your discus problems theres always someone here that will help you out. No I havent heard of that seachem discus trace but it sounds similar to the stuff I use called geo liquid for discus I dont know how good either one is but if it even improves the water quality just a little Im happy. Good luck with your discus buying :lol:

Leanne

Proteus
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:29 AM
Katie, welcome to DF.com...

hope we can help you on your way to becoming totally addicted to Discus.

Katie
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:51 AM
Oh I am already totally addicted, just trying to get everything 'perfect' before plunging in LOL.

Proteus
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 05:57 AM
ok, when you get everything perfect you must share the secrets to your success...

:wink:

Katie
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 06:07 AM
:) Then I may never post again!

I've actually been eyeing off these Turqs down at the lfs for several weeks now...... Been there so often that I am practically stalking them.

chris
Wed Mar 23, 2005, 07:54 AM
Hi Katie, Ive tried to use seachem discus trace, when I found my PH was droping all the time. I couldnt work it out, If you find the right way let me know.
I just use tap water conditioned with a clorine remover, my PH still drops, but discus can handle it, although im trying maintain it with shell grit.
Just keep an eye on amonia. :roll:

Annie
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 02:56 AM
Hi Katie, welcome to the Forum! And a Discus Stalker you are huh? Very cute.

Merrilyn
Thu Mar 24, 2005, 12:53 PM
Oh good. We love discus stalkers. A lot of us are discus stalkers ourselves. BTW welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time here. Help is only a post away. :P

flukes
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 03:06 AM
Welcome hope you find all the information you need here..

tennhound
Fri Mar 25, 2005, 12:08 PM
Kate welcome to DF. You will find lots of help here along your way to being PERFECT. Hope you enjoy the site.

MARIE

Katie
Wed Mar 30, 2005, 05:47 AM
I am now a discus owner! Bit the bullet and bought those four gorgeous turqs that I have been stalking down at the LFS. They are in their new home now and they are settling in really well. I will post some pics soon.

Merrilyn
Wed Mar 30, 2005, 07:40 AM
Fantastic news. You are now an official discus addict :P

Fishpimpin73
Wed Mar 30, 2005, 04:29 PM
You wouldn't happen to have any Peanut Butter would you Katie?

BTW - Grats on the DISCUS!!