PDA

View Full Version : BBS

nellie
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hi

Do l have to or should l rinse my freshly hatched BBS under tap water before l feed to my angel fry 1 day old of freeswimmers?

Thanks[/list]

Mr Wild
Wed Jul 20, 2011, 10:59 PM
I can only say that I do rinse them but I also know others that don't.

ILLUSN
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 01:22 AM
i dont rinse them i figure a little salt wont hurt the fry.

Red Tail Shark
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 01:57 AM
i strain mine into a hanky then put it into a small clear plastic container of water made up with what i would use for a water change then put the container on a angle and put a light for them to swim towards then use a syringe to suk them out this also alows for any un hatched eggs to be separated from the batch that might have got caught up in your siphoning the bbs out any unhatched eggs can be returned to the hatcher

cheers RTS

BobbyBruce
Thu Jul 21, 2011, 04:19 AM
Hi Nellie,

I have one of the black box brine shrimp hatcheries you can buy commericially. They usually come with a small bottle with a cap with a hole in it. I fill the bottle with water from the aquarium, place it on the recessed section of the hatchery and wait for the BBS to swim into it. Gently empty the bottle into the tank in the vicinity of the fry and all is good.

Regards,

Bob

Red Tail Shark
Sun Jul 24, 2011, 09:58 PM
have seen those before have always wondered how much bbs they produce any chance of a picture would be much appreciated

cheers RTS